IDIOT...spelled DigEmAll

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Anyone every went hunting and forgot to grab the batteries out of the charger?? >:(

Went to the Prospectors Cabin and since I have been there a lot I didn't carry my GPS.? I also didn't carry my extra detector batteries because ever since I changed over to the rechargables I haven't ever needed them, so I quit carrying eight of them only four.? Two for the GPS and two for the camera. If I had taken my GPS, I would have had enough!? As it was I only had six.? IDIOT!? Oh well..... At least it was a nice hike, and a very nice day!? I saw some beautiful deer, so it was not a total loss!? ;D

Upvote 0
G

Guthers

Today, out in a field, when I got the "Low Batt" indicator on my DFX I felt a chill. I had been waiting all week to go out and to be foiled by a lack of batteries?! Fortunately, I had a spare in my trunk. The day was saved! :D

K

Kentucky Kache

Last time I went out I forgot my shovel. It's amazing what you can do with a tire tool.

greenswinger

Feb 17, 2005
ms
Well , haven`t forgot batteries yet but.........did drive 60 miles...walk one mile in woods...while loading muzzle loader......what...no bullets????? I stayed anyhow, just to see how big a deer I could have gotten, yep . you gussed it . the He Daddy of issaquena county came by..about 20 yds !!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
some time ago i went out with my sea hunter, ,well is a sealed unit, droved 4 hours got to hunt 15 min, dead.batts. thats when i started carrying an backup detector,

luckyduckie

Greenie
Apr 13, 2005
digemall: you are not an idiot. you just need to use a check list for everything you do that requires many parts or items. that way, you don't forget anything.

chuck

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you call that being an idiot, what do you call a person who drives 70 miles to go detecting only to find out that you left your detector in your other car? :-\

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
At least twice, I have found a great signal.....reach for my diggin tool....didn't have it. I had left it at my last hole. I go retrieve it, come back.....my partner has my wonderful Virginia Civil War Button. TWICE!!!!

Idiot is spelled D-I-G-G-I-N-M-A-N.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
jbot said:
Last time I went out I forgot my shovel. It's amazing what you can do with a tire tool.

Drove 50 mi. today to hunt and realized I left my shovel next to the front door. Fortunately I had my regular knife with me. It's a bit** digging in ground that's harder than a banker's heart.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all have done stupid things. I've forgot to bring the detector, scoop, goodie pouch, etc. I stopped using rechargeable batteries as when they run down, they just stop. The Fisher 1280-X used to run all summer on one set of batteries. Now I take back up stuff for everything and use a check list. Don't forget the water.........

When you become complacent thats when you leave somethng at home.

HH,
Sandman

K

Kentucky Kache

I wonder If that would work If you got caught, Illegally, on someone's property. I forgot to ask for permission. :-[

R

rvbvetter

Once drove 60 miles out into the boonies to an old rock foundation that I had been meaning to detect for several years. And once there, realized I had grabbed my detector out of my other car to take with me. But forgot to grab my digging tools.
So I went and detected some big signals and scraping with a stick and partially kicking and heeling the ground. I finally uncovered a flat metal bar 1 inch wide and about 10 inches long, that I used for my digging tool that day. Worked ok. But a little rough on the hands. HH

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jbot, your excuse reminds me of that old Steve Martin skit.....How to Avoid Paying Income Tax!? Just tell them,"I forgot"!?
I got out with a low battery once, just once. Now I have spare batteries stashed in both my cars, in all my detector bags and in places I probably won't find them for years except by accident! Every time I go by Wally World I pick up a pack of batteries of some kind. I also have a set of rechargeable batteries and a charger but I've never used it. I keep finding stashed batteries I forgot I had! Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread