If gold reaches $1000.00 an ounce, how much will your class ring be worth?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
Well, my class ring is Silver, so I'm screwed!!!! I wonder if I could pawn my wedding band??? My wife would really appreciate that!!!!! I am planning on scrapping all my ring finds from the last couple years, might be worth it right now.

Greg

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
According my calculations— bear in mind, I was finally allowed to pass arithmetic only after I promised that I would at least learn how to spell it— at a spot price of $1,000/ oz. for pure gold, a 16-gram 10K class ring would bring $214.38.

As for the "ole lady," you're on your own! :D

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Sandman said:
Gold is climbing up to $1000.00 dollars an ounce. If you find a 10 Kt. class ring of 16 grams, how much will it be worth and how much of it will you be able to hide from the ole lady?

That's a funny question... I'm the only one on T-Net who has admitted I'd even KEEP a class ring if I found one... everyone else on T-Net would break an arm to return it (if identifiable). :P

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Montana Jim said:
Sandman said:
Gold is climbing up to $1000.00 dollars an ounce. If you find a 10 Kt. class ring of 16 grams, how much will it be worth and how much of it will you be able to hide from the ole lady?

That's a funny question... I'm the only one on T-Net who has admitted I'd even KEEP a class ring if I found one... everyone else on T-Net would break an arm to return it (if identifiable). :P
That's because you are just plain mean. ;D

R

robert roy

I never got a class ring so it doesn't effect me? ;D
Robert R

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
lucky1777 said:
Montana Jim said:
Sandman said:

That's because you are just plain mean. ;D

Leave me alone or I'll tell Gypsy and Mona that your avatar started working again... :D

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
PBK said:
According my calculations— bear in mind, I was finally allowed to pass arithmetic only after I promised that I would at least learn how to spell it— at a spot price of $1,000/ oz. for pure gold, a 16-gram 10K class ring would bring $214.38.

So...a little more math tells me that if I buy an Excalibur for $1100 I will have to find 5 big honky rings before the beast pays for itself......are the smaller rings half the weight? If so looks like with todays gold prices it would take maybe 10 rings to pay it off...... Seems like a strech for one year. Don't you think?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mirage said:
PBK said:

So...a little more math tells me that if I buy an Excalibur for $1100 I will have to find 5 big honky rings before the beast pays for itself......are the smaller rings half the weight? If so looks like with todays gold prices it would take maybe 10 rings to pay it off...... Seems like a strech for one year. Don't you think?

It Depends on the type of sites you search.

If you can search Swimming Beaches & Public Pools
it's isn't completly Impossable to Pay it off & Make a profit in one day.
all it takes in the right Location.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee, good question. If someone could actually find it (I lost it when I put it around my neck on a chain at a park in NE Pa). Lost necklace and all.

B

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my class ring goes back to 1959 its 10 K and it cost me 25 bucks. Do not know what it would be now?

cazar

Jul 4, 2005
mississippi, beaches of the pacific
Detector(s) used
whites beachhunter, dfx
too bad I did not order gold ring in 1975... it almost qualifies as an antique..

now I did find a mutilated class ring one time..still got it ..probably be worth 100$

isnt the price of gold and precious metals insane..cant wait until my new DFX comes in

respects

caz

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, somewhere in Lackawanna State Park, there's an old high school ring with a gold necklace, waiting for someone to find and sell.

B

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim,
That's a funny question... I'm the only one on T-Net who has admitted I'd even KEEP a class ring if I found one... everyone else on T-Net would break an arm to return it (if identifiable).

Many say they would return a class ring and some do, but I have found some that I could not find the owner and given up as they moved or nobody knows where they went. Returning wedding bands is the hardest unless the person that lost it runs an ad.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman,

I think there is an little intrigue with class rings - strange, unknown schools in unknown places, initials that might not match who the person is today (mine was initialed EML or EL), the initials I use now is BD, and, while wedding rings are a known factor, for the most part, high school rings are "put away" after a certain age in our lives, to be put away with young memories.

While wedding rings can be treasures - most class ring finds are a real puzzle.

B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread