If I had a $1,000,000

French Creek hunter

Dec 8, 2011
Charleston,WV
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5id, Minelab E-Trac.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, well, it's going to be a bit more than $1,000,000. I just really love that song by the Barenaked Ladies.

My question for everyone is... what would you do with $20,000,000 (twenty million) dollars. What metal detector(s) would you buy? What sort of treasure hunting equipment would you buy?
These questions have no particular reason to it, I just like asking this question to see what people would say. A common response I get is paying off debt, buying a car, buying a house, and donating money to a cause. Here is how I would spend 20 million dollars

I really love the idea of owning a Telsa and hopefully one day that dream will come true. I do enjoy super cars and classic cars like most men do but I am more than happy with my 2020 Toyota Prius and honestly wouldn't want anything else at the moment, even with 20 mil in my account.
As a coin collector who tries my hardest to collect gold and silver, I would invest around 3 million just in gold and silver coins. It's a great future investment and a good back-up if something were to happen to all of the money.
I would certainly buy my forever home, but even with 20 million (I guess 17 million now) I wouldn't go out and buy the most expensive house on the market. Without getting into too much detail on location, I'd spend around 1 million for my home.
I would invest about 5 million just in real estate alone, buying houses to turn into vacation properties or month-to-month rentals. So I can generate passive income for myself and future generations.
OK, still have 11 million left to spend. I'd almost be tempted to take 2 million and travel around the world for a few years, the only thing that stops me from doing that is not having anyone to go with me, other than my parents. But, with being rich, I'm sure some lovely ladies would come crawling in, wouldn't they? We'd have a lot in common because we both love gold digging.
Honestly, I'd have a lot of money left over, I love saving money and spending it wisely. I'd spend free time volunteering for many different things all over the world. I'd certainly give a pretty good chunk to my parents. Most of my family, sorry to say, wouldn't spend the money very wisely, but I would help them invest in themselves with very much guidance.
Tell me your ideas
Thanks for reading.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always thought it would be fun to just be alert as I go through my day, to just pay for things for people.
Like being in line at a store and seeing a mom with kids and a cart load of groceries. Things like that.
I’m already out of debt and don’t really need anything.

OP
OP
F

French Creek hunter

Dec 8, 2011
Charleston,WV
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5id, Minelab E-Trac.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always thought it would be fun to just be alert as I go through my day, to just pay for things for people.
Like being in line at a store and seeing a mom with kids and a cart load of groceries. Things like that.
I’m already out of debt and don’t really need anything.
I can agree with that. I'd like to go to third world countries and help build things for people and provide the funds to build whatever needs built. I'm very much a minimalist and I can't imagine buying a whole lot.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Set up accounts to distribute the interest. Thereby keeping money going where directed steady ,vs it going fast and a charity ect. not seeing any long term donations.

Free-sourcing of information can benefit extended international outreach desires.
An example is Whirlwind wheelchairs. A good study in helping some of the worlds disabled.
The goal is getting chairs where needed , and chairs that fit individual's. Nevermind the country or it's politics.
Disabled folks building the chairs of locally sourced material much as possible. And building them using commonly available bicycle bearings , tires ect.. Allowing service/repair in isolated regions more easily.
Distribution and fitment follow. And the logistics being shared in terms of the "how's" goes far.

Food and water are other topics that can benefit others. Not by handing them such , but through applying sustainable methods that fit a given locale , and providing the resources and information to keep it going forward.

20 million is a lot. Till spread out.
If it was peanut butter and the world globe was the target , it wouldn't cover much of it.
That does not mean it could not make a great difference if invested wisely.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread