if iknow were gold bars are what next

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How does one go about selling a gold bar? I have long wondered this.

Ebay, minimum bid $400,000. PayPal only?

RockRaven

Jan 19, 2015
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X80, Magnum 420, 220, RM6, Coin Mag, 77B, Yukon Nugget, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett AT Gold. Master Hunter ADS 7, CXII, Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro 220, TR550, 840 Auto , Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Join a grotto and learn to cave. Buy a metal detector and learn to use it, then get a big pile of cash if you are going to look for something that is out of the area that you are in, or move to the local area where the treasure is. If you intend to find a serious treasure expect to spend an entire lifetime searching without finding, so have lots of kids and infect them with your treasure hunting illness so they will also search for the treasure :)

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sell it to a refinery

So... pull up. Walk in, and say I have a gold bar to sell...? If that what you mean?

Can you ONLY IMAGINE for a minute all the evidence trail you just left..!!!! Even for a minute..?

What the hell would you do if you found some 1849+ coins not on your property... try and sell them? I truly believe NOTHING goes on within this site without the FEDS knowing (my opinion). And that would NEVER happen if I was lucky enough. I can only wish...??????????

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So... pull up. Walk in, and say I have a gold bar to sell...? If that what you mean?

Can you ONLY IMAGINE for a minute all the evidence trail you just left..!!!! Even for a minute..?

What the hell would you do if you found some 1849+ coins not on your property... try and sell them? I truly believe NOTHING goes on within this site without the FEDS knowing (my opinion). And that would NEVER happen if I was lucky enough. I can only wish...??????????

People sell gold to refineries every day, who says you have to send them a 5 pound bar? Gold cuts, gold melts.

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other

What the hell would you do if you found some 1849+ coins not on your property... try and sell them?
Easy. Dig a big hole out back in your own yard. Discover the coins. Make a mess of the area with your garden hose and all sorts of contaminants while cleaning up your finds. Pay the windfall tax. Go to the pub :D
I truly believe NOTHING goes on within this site without the FEDS knowing (my opinion). And that would NEVER happen if I was lucky enough. I can only wish...??????????

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Whites GoldMaster e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dont forget Bald Mountain Recreation Area, michigan
Mt. Baldy southern California
no blad mountain is were the gold could be:laughing7:

Join a grotto and learn to cave. Buy a metal detector and learn to use it, then get a big pile of cash if you are going to look for something that is out of the area that you are in, or move to the local area where the treasure is. If you intend to find a serious treasure expect to spend an entire lifetime searching without finding, so have lots of kids and infect them with your treasure hunting illness so they will also search for the treasure :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
utah1066

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods
if you sell your gold melt it down into button and take three or four of them , easy no one knows how much you sell, right

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you sell your gold melt it down into button and take three or four of them , easy no one knows how much you sell, right

Unless it's a sale to a private individual, there is a record by law in most areas. Not saying it couldn't be done,or promoting it, but would take some work.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread