Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: If I'm Wrong,Correct Me

Never knew Fenway opened the same day the Titanic sank.... ??? Doesn;t matter...GO SOX!!!!!!!!! ;D

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

nhbenz said:
Umm...no, and no. :)

You're right.Fenway opened on 20 Apr 1912 and the ship struck the iceberg at 1123 on the 14 th of Apr 1912 and sank just after midnight on 15 Apr 1912. But pretty close,huh? Close enough for a curse?

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs

It's 3 to 1 in the 2nd inning. It's 9:21 p.m. It's 10/24/07
This number thing is scary. 8)

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No DH in Colorado....so who does Francona sit...Ortiz or Youkilis??? ???

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.

Looks like Ortiz is taking first base... he's been there, done that... but hopefully his lack of speed isn't capitalized upon. :-\ And his bat had better be alive.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

a true story ask gabe kapler -- once a long while back gabe kapler played for the jacksonville suns AA team detroit -- while here he signed a ball for my near death wheel chair bound father --- to thank him I made him a photo from a photographic neg that I have of of "babe ruth" taking a cut at a ball (babe ruth missed the ball - it can be seen in the catchers mitt) --- and I "signed" it on the back "proof even babe ruth didn't get em all" --- and gave it to him at a later game - kapler went from jax to detriot --then to texas --colorado and then to the red sox -- taking the "babe" with him-- the curse was "that the red sox would never win another world series until the "babe ruth" returned to fenway " --- with kapler the "babe" returned -- american indains were leery of having their photos taken --some said it took part of their soul--- all I know for a fact is that once kapler and the babe photo arrived --the sox won-- true story please write and ask gabe kapler about it --if you have any doubt -- its 100% true --- Ivan Salis

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT

What curse? No curse here anymore. Since the Red Sox had to beat (I mean destroy) the Yankees to get the to the series and win it, the curse is now gone forever. Finally the bounces go their way sometimes and the umps don't always blow it against them any more. Up 2-0 I think the Sox are driving toward another. But, we'll see. Either way there is no curse anymore. Cool story by the way about Kapler.

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TonyinCT said:
What curse? No curse here anymore. Since the Red Sox had to beat (I mean destroy) the Yankees to get the to the series and win it, the curse is now gone forever. Finally the bounces go their way sometimes and the umps don't always blow it against them any more. Up 2-0 I think the Sox are driving toward another. But, we'll see. Either way there is no curse anymore. Cool story by the way about Kapler.

Tony...I agree, however even after winning in 2004, as a lifelong die hard Sox fan its still hard to shake the feeling of doom and gloom and to not expect some freak thing to happen and undo them. That just was a part of being a Sox fan. Now hopefully they will be starting a new trend for a new generation of Sox fans, that is of clutch performances, never giving up and a gritty clutch ball club that wins championships.... ;D Maybe Babe has haunted Fenway long enough and has gotten bored and now has taken residence up in Yankee Stadium.... ;D

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT

Just love the game, Love the Sox and the rest is all gravy. Besides its the Yankees who are a hurtin now. Oh .... that would be one more thing to love. LOL

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TonyinCT said:
Just love the game, Love the Sox and the rest is all gravy. Besides its the Yankees who are a hurtin now. Oh .... that would be one more thing to love. LOL

Tony, they may be down now, but the Yankees still got ALOT more series wins than the Sox do, but maybe now we can start a dynasty and narrow the gap some? ;D By the way..am LOVING the M6 you sold me..... :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread