worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
On the way out of the Meadows yesterday I see this guy run to the side of the road,I stopped and got ready for a pic,I looked and looked but couldn't find him until he moved his head to look at me...click. The speed they beat there wings shows.

DSCN5673.JPG

GOD Bless America ONCE again

Chris

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the way out of the Meadows yesterday I see this guy run to the side of the road,I stopped and got ready for a pic,I looked and looked but couldn't find him until he moved his head to look at me...click. The speed they beat there wings shows.

View attachment 2020396

Chris
Have you ever seen one acting like it has a broken wing or injury leading you away from their nest or babies? They put on a show.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you ever seen one acting like it has a broken wing or injury leading you away from their nest or babies? They put on a show.
I watched them all the time when I used to mow down there,I'll dig up a few pics,I even have them just hatched out,the young are up and running in short order too,I've run after them and caught one for a pic too.:laughing7:

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched them all the time when I used to mow down there,I'll dig up a few pics,I even have them just hatched out,the young are up and running in short order too,I've run after them and caught one for a pic too.:laughing7:
They used to nest in the gravels at a corn plant I once worked at.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Here they are.

K1600_DSCN2143.JPG

DSCN2139.JPG

DSCN2150.JPG

DSCN3164.JPG

She put on a good show today,I still can not find those eggs,I know the general area,but dang if I can find them.Tomorrow I'm going to park about a 100 feet from there and walk toward it,I'll see her run and give it away.

DSCN5684.JPG

DSCN5679.JPG

The male stick close by,he goes one way she goes the other.Three days metal detecting now and nada,maybe tomorrow.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here they are.

View attachment 2020432

View attachment 2020433

View attachment 2020434

View attachment 2020435

She put on a good show today,I still can not find those eggs,I know the general area,but dang if I can find them.Tomorrow I'm going to park about a 100 feet from there and walk toward it,I'll see her run and give it away.

View attachment 2020436

View attachment 2020437

The male stick close by,he goes one way she goes the other.Three days metal detecting now and nada,maybe tomorrow.
Great pictures. Thanks for posting.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here at the beach those types of birds are everywhere. Right across from one section is a shopping center with the bug gravel roof. They nest on it and flocks of them can be messy on the cars! They are much protected from predators up on those roofs.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2020396

Chris
I thought i was WRONG once but i was WRONG !1

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a gravel driveway on the lower drive to my barn. A few of these birds BUILD NESTS in the crushed stones. When i seen them acting around i get out and look very careful to see if they have any nests.It is almost impossible to find them unless a bird is protecting a nest. If i see any nests this year i will take pictures and post.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention also :) It is that time of the year

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread