if you come to new hampshire and just want to hunt

miss_anthrope

NORTHEAST HUNTER said:
if you are a treasurenet member and are in the area and want to get out..just pm me maybe we can hook up...H H

maybe we should get a group together this summer and hit the weirs ;) bike week cleanup last year netted over $700 in clad, and a good amount of rings (and pulltabs .. beer cans .. bottle caps...) i KNOW we missed a lot.

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
miss_anthrope said:
maybe we should get a group together this summer and hit the weirs ;) bike week cleanup last year netted over $700 in clad, and a good amount of rings (and pulltabs .. beer cans .. bottle caps...) i KNOW we missed a lot.

WOW...that's a lot of clad!!!!!!!
Was at Weirs a few weeks ago.....the Drive-In is gone.... nothing left but the sign :(

miss_anthrope

Ashleen said:
miss_anthrope said:

WOW...that's a lot of clad!!!!!!!
Was at Weirs a few weeks ago.....the Drive-In is gone.... nothing left but the sign :(

It's pretty sad how a LOT of the good things in this area are just plain gone .. Once they closed down the Colonial, then the Weirs .. it pretty much left the local kids nothing to do but drugs. The Lakes Region isn't as nice a place as it used to be. (I'm in Tilton, btw.)

ceejay64

Apr 16, 2006
New Hampshire, USA
Detector(s) used
BH Pioneer 505
Hey Y'all!
I'm new to the hobby, and I'm in Milton.
Any good suggestions on places to go to learn and practice (and maybe find sumpthin')? And I'd love to go out with some experienced MDers.

OP
OP
northeast hunter

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
Milton NH..NICE WELCOME TO THE MADNESS..
You have some old places out there.
What did you get for a detector ?
Some great places to start are local beach's,playgrounds,school yards,or even your own back yard..Best of all to start would be construction sites.Just make sure it has history
I am about 40 minutes from you..
Do you know the Concord or Manchester area ?
Good Luck and H H

ceejay64

Apr 16, 2006
New Hampshire, USA
Detector(s) used
BH Pioneer 505
Hiya,
Yup - we've got some history 'round here. I find myself checking out the scenery with a totally different eye than ever before as I'm cruising around. I'm also always trying to figure out which house particular fields might belong to in case I get up the guts to ask if I can scout the area. ;D
My detector is the BH Pioneer 505, which I'm told is essentially the same as the Sharpshooter II. It also came with the 4" coil along with the 8. So far, I've hit my own property (you can see some of my iron relics on the first topic in the forum..."today's finds" I think...) and the Wakefield Town Beach. It's pretty small, and I only came away with a penny (and lots of trash).
I'm somewhat familiar with Concord, and I have a good friend that lives in ManchVegas. ;D Maybe I should ask her where they are tearing it up. LOL!
Thanks for the tips! Now, if you could tell me what the best digging tools are... ::)
~C

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Anybody hit Weirs yet???????? My son was up there last week, and is headed to Colebrook tomorrow for the Blessing of the bikes. That should be another decent md site, ya think? He's not a detectorist, tho. And I'm not up for that kind of a hunt yet. Hampton, early evening when the tide is low....I could do soon.....ANYONE???
Jade...I love your avatar :)

jnut4

Jul 27, 2006
New Hampshire
Hey there..I live in New Hampshire and am just getting started with my m'detecting...not sure where you are located but could use some guidance..perhaps a hunting partner on occasion.. 8)

Jnut4

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Hey Flea, I don't think you'de find much relief here in NH, heat index is supposed to be 104 today... higher tomorrow. Jnut4: WELCOME. To all: I'm in Dover NH. It would be great catching up with anyone here to do some digging!

jnut4

Jul 27, 2006
New Hampshire
Hello.. I'm in holderness..have only been here 1 year and am a newbie at MD'ing..I'll have to check where Dover is but I imagine it can't be too farb ;D

D

Digger Dick

Holderness, isn't that up north ?? Toward Colebrook. There must be a lot of good farm land up there to detect........good place for a get together,,,,,,,,,,
DD

OP
OP
northeast hunter

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
Spring is just around the conner and i am rearing to go have a few sites set up..Hopefully this year there will be more sidewalk tears out as well..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread