Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and ZDD again on a good site as indicated by a few old coins, and the lead seal, which I don't find many of.

We were lucky to find some ground today, (actually yesterday) this was probably one of the first crop fields to be harvested.

Anyway my first coin was a 1888 indian head, I believe my first this year, as I don't get too many of these either.

Some lead shot the smallest one is about 40 cal. and 4 more very poor coppers, the one with the big hole in it I thought it was a coin, then a washer, then a coin as I can see a couple of letters on it, actually it is the only IDable one of the bunch. Not worth the post I know, but just showing the not-so-good hunts too. (right CRU)

A good site or two will be coming online within a week or so.

2013 copper count now at 75, Steve you were right 75 was "no problem" I'm now shotting for 100.

Attachments

• find13-30a.JPG
    find13-30a.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 181
  • find13-30b.JPG
    find13-30b.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 173
  • find13-30c.JPG
    find13-30c.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Upvote 5

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the chisel Rick it's a great old relic, I think that it will clean up nicely in some apple cider vinegar.
ZDD

rmbutcher4

Jun 9, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Safari, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm glad you posted a pic of the lead seal,Rick. Do you have any info on it? I have found 2 of the exact same seal but am unable to make out what the letters are on either one mine. Nice IH too! Thanks.

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad you posted a pic of the lead seal,Rick. Do you have any info on it? I have found 2 of the exact same seal but am unable to make out what the letters are on either one mine. Nice IH too! Thanks.

How can you say "exact same" if you can't read it, as there are many different, here is just one page of them.

The Bagseal Gallery

mine reads "leopoldshall, stassfurt" the other side "KALI-SYNDIKAT" which is apparently a common one at least around here, most of mine being this same one.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rmbutcher4

Jun 9, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Safari, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How can you say "exact same" if you can't read it, as there are many different, here is just one page of them.

The Bagseal Gallery

mine reads "leopoldshall, stassfurt" the other side "KALI-SYNDIKAT" which is apparently a common one at least around here, most of mine being this same one.
Excuse me for being so literal. After seeing yours I am able to make out the letters on mine. Thanks.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Bagseal Gallery

I've got 9 of those seals...they are early 1900s...some have Berlin instead of Stassfurt.

Nice IH!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
The lead seals are cool finds, neat little bit of history that can be fun to research.

Indian heads show up for me pretty regular, at least one a year lol
I got one on my first hunt, might never see another so it's good we got that one stroked off the to do list

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats some old stuff there... cool digs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread