Im afraid to say nazi

dinx

Jan 17, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm afraid to say nazi

I have a few ww2 relics and am familiar with the history on most- but I'm stumped on this new patch? I'm over 30 years old and thought I knew everything my mother considered dear and kept locked in a safe- family heirlooms, jewelry, silver- but I was beyond stunned when she brought a small bag over- and muttered " it was your dads. He bought it at a flea market. I know nothing else. " and she left. I was shocked and curious as I opened the pack- I see familiar items - nazi propaganda booklet, nazi hand and letter stamp, a piece of Rommel's pool and a piece of hitlers fireplace - and this new unknown piece - appears to be a patch of some kind- does anyone know more its been a deadens researching this piece - and my father isn't here to enlighten me anymore.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    766.1 KB · Views: 303
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 288

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have forgotten history and it is repeating itself. I could only guess what this is. It is typical of what I seen on buildings while in Germany. Rommels was a tanker, but this insigna I have seen on building's meaning possibly a head quarters patch. The guys old enough to know what this is are long gone I suspect. 1945 to now is 68 years, add 18 years to that and you get 86 years old was the youngest soldier then.

Last edited by a moderator:

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
...I see familiar items - nazi propaganda booklet, nazi hand and letter stamp, a piece of Rommel's pool...

Howdy dinx,

Welcome to these parts. I've not a clue about your item, but am curious about the pool. For all I know you could be talking about Rommels Pool, Libya Fishing Maps. I never heard about the pool. Hell, I didn't know he liked swimming.

gall-photosnotinbook-091.jpg

milehigh

Jul 10, 2012
Castle Rock,CO.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice piece of history....I would shop around for a buyer. The Germans were not evil, they were in my opinion given one and only one option. Now Hitler....he was evil.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a pretty interesting historical find. A good friend of mine, around 70yo, recalls as a child in Hahira Ga, there was an old German POW camp there. He recalls when you would look out over the fields, all you saw, were blonde men working the fields. His last name was similar to a few German words, so the German POW's loved his parents and thought them and their family to be real good people.

I did happen to find this site, that has other and similar type items. This guy is in USA, he may can be of help to you on your items.

Military Civil War, WWII US, British & German (Nazi) - Session 1 - Universallive - Northbrook Illinois

Also, if you're looking for a little more info, I think this link may help some, at least provide knowledge of the matter.

Nazi Artifacts: Mementoes, Badges, Pins and Painting

I thought that symbol or a similar, was over the Reichstaugg (sp?) building, and as casca said, on other buildings too. In some of the old war video, you will catch glimpses of the buildings and their adornments. I have an old German Railroad Military Beer Stein, it's got the locomotive on the top, with the wheel with wings behind it. I think it was a General's stein. Good luck with your find, keep us posted.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First!!! Welcome To Treasurenet

Second, I Have No Idea What You Have There But It May Be A Part Of History I Hope You Find An Answer!!!

Third, It Would Never Be Allowed In My Home!!! To Everyone Who Responds to this Please Be Respectful On Your Words To The Poster!!! History is What History Is!!!

And Last, If You Ever Get a Chance to Go To Germany And Tour Make Sure You Visit the Auschwitz Death Museum!!! I Have Been There And It Is An Experience that Every On Should....... It Will Make You Think!!!!

Joe1944

Jul 3, 2013
Rockland County, NY
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty into WW2 stuff, and know about basic patches/insignia used by both sides, but I've never seen that before! The diamond shape is something the Hitler youth utilized, but not in combination with the Eagle/Wreath/Flames/Color scheme. I've never seen any WW2 German insignia with flames like that to be honest with you!

If I were you, I would try the Wehrmacht Awards Forum Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums - Powered by vBulletin, they're pretty knowledgeable over there and will help you determine what it is and what it's worth. It looks like it's in REALLY nice shape, so be careful, this stuff is faked like you wouldn't BELIEVE!! Good luck!

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
What you have appears to be an arm band. However, I've seen just about every type of arm band used by the Nazis during World War 2 and I've never seen one like that. Which leads me to believe that it was likely made in the post-world war 2 era.

You mentioned that your father bought it at a flea market. So the possibility exists that it was home made.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe that the patch may have to do with the Feuerwehr Defense Forces (Fire Fighting Defense Forces)! The Badge at the link below has similarities to it. What you have appears to be a patch on an armband but whether there is an armband or not, it would have signified someone high up in the Feuerwehr!

Item #

Frank

Last edited:

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
I believe that the patch may have to do with the Feuerwehr Defense Forces (Fire Fighting Defense Forces)! The Badge at the link below has similarities to it. What you have appears to be a patch on an armband but whether there is an armband or not, it would have signified someone high up in the Feuerwehr!
Item #
Frank

You know, that might be a pretty good call. I was just looking up the German firefighting insignias. There are some definite similarities to what the Dinx posted. I haven't seen an exact match though. Here are some of the ones I found. Note the very similar eagle.

NS_Firefighter_Uniform_Pi_3.jpg

Fire7.jpg

OP
OP
dinx

dinx

Jan 17, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm loving the knowledge in this room- and the arm band idea seems most plausible- the material it is stitched on is very silky kind of material- seems I've seen armbands made of this type of material- there IS a type of item cataloged number in the back of the piece in the bag- like it was part of a collection _ or an
artifact that was logged for some reason. Problem is - its in German or Dutch - my mother grew up in Germany - but she is reluctant to talk about this piece - she holds a grudge because my dad had a habit of buying" things" instead of " groceries". She says the piece of hitlers fireplace is from his home in "Hitlers House in Berchesgarden. Rommels pool. I have the rocks. Have rocks from Frankenstein's Castle too." We have a strange habit of rock collecting in the family:)

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
first...if this is an original piece, it is probable fireman issue.
several medals for Nazi era firemen have a similar design.
two...examine the piece for issue marking...an RZM stamp is normally found on all armbands..
three, examine under a black light...if the item glows like 1969..it is a fake. original pieces do not fluoresce.

Fritos56

Apr 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have no idea what the armband or patch would be for. You might go to Axis Biographical Research, or Feldgrau and join their discussion forumsor email the moderators.Maybe someone there will have an idea what the patch is.If you do email them,I would take the armband or patch out of the package, so they could get a better look at it. Could be a head quarters patch hard to say. Speaking of Rommel, some years after the war(1958-59) my dad was TDY with Security Service for the airforce.He went to England and Germany. When in Germany he visited a cousin in Garmisch. His cousin had been in North Africa and later on the eastern front. He told daddy he didn't belong to the AfricaKorps, but to a different group. Funny how both had been to North Africa and my dad was a prisioner of war there.And it make it even stranger, the commandant of the camp daddy was in turned out to be a cousin on his mother's side.True story.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Many of the Officials and Officers in the Fire Brigades had other jobs or positions where they normally wore suits or a very good form of casual type clothing. When called to duty, instead of rushing home or to an office to change into proper attire, they just slipped on the armbands and usually the accompanying hat.

Frank

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i348.jpg
Vk194erG.jpg

Hitler Youth EM/NCO's Fire Defense Sleeve Diamond. (HJ Feuerwehrscharen Armelabzeichen)

In early 1938 the Reichsjugendfuhrung and the Reichsfuhrer-SS und Chef der Deutschen Polizei im Reichsministerium des Innern met to discuss the use of Hitler Youth personnel as volunteers in a Fire Defense Service. As a result of that meeting, the first HJ volunteer Fire Defense Service units were established at Celle and Osnabruck later that year. On June 30th 1939 regulations dictated that these volunteer units were to be subordinate to the HJ Streifendienst (HJ Patrol Service), and be grouped with the Feuerlöschdienstreserve (Fire Fighting Service Reserves). In March of 1941 this sleeve badge was introduced for those who had passed the Fire Service test, which was worn on the left forearm of the khaki-brown HJ Fire Fighting tunic until the end of the war.

Google is awesome.

Say goodnight, Gracie.

Last edited:

lucky larry

Apr 16, 2013
Good night Gracie. Nice job.
I have no experience with WWII items so can someone explain the KKK at the bottom of the patch. Thanks

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good night Gracie. Nice job.
I have no experience with WWII items so can someone explain the KKK at the bottom of the patch. Thanks

I can't, sorry.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KKK was not on the patch that was posted. It was posted later in the thread by Allen Idaho showing similar patches. :icon_thumright: Way to go Bum Luck with an ID!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread