Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kellyco had a detector listed as one available so I ordered it and got a "Your order is being processed and will typically ship same day if order rec'd and processed before 5 pm, we will let you know when it ships". A day later I see the charge hit my CC account and I notice they had changed the detector listing to "not available" so I figured I got their last one.

A few days later and still no notice of shipment so I email Kellyco asking the status of my order but no response to my email. The following day since I still hadn't rec'd an answer to my email I went on their web site and initiated a chat. Their agent came on and I asked what the status of my order was, their response is they have not rec'd any tracking yet. Then I ask who do I talk to in order to find out if my order is on backorder? A few minutes later they come back on and tell me my order is on back order. I tell them to cancel my order and I want a refund. They promptly did that.

It irritates me that they list an item as available without really knowing if it is until an order is processed, but I notice this seems to occur a lot with some detector companies. What angers me is that they would not respond to my email and they did not notify me of the back order status until I cornered them on it. It was like they were willing to string me along in order not to lose a sale.

I have done business with Kellyco in the past but not anymore as I view their business practices as questionable.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately when Stu Auerbach the founder of Kellyco and a really customer oriented man died the company was sold, it is no longer the same Kellyco.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it's 5 years ago or so that I'd sent my Excal in for mods, and drove down to pick it up in person. Met you and the Kellyco staff at the time. You & I sat on your deck talking for a bit. I had a great time in that adventure and may do it again someday - but actually it's unlikely as I've become far more reclusive. From what I see from the sidelines - it's not the old Kellyco anymore and that's a danged shame. I do wish the best for their continuance, and I certainly do not rule out purchasing from them again.

Incidentally, that beast of mine is still in great condition, and ain't no issues with it. Kellyco at the time (or YOU) did a great job on the mods.

Stay safe down there, and avoid all incoming fire :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread