Im going to the beach to metal detect should i update my Minelab Equinox 800 to 2.0 or 3.0 or leave it alone whats my best option here

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've upgraded each time one was available. Each one improved overall performance, so, I recommend you install the latest version. If you don't like it, you can always go back to a previous one.

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im going to the beach to metal detect for a couple of days im new to the equinox 800 should i upgrade and update to 2.0 or 3.0 or leave it as it is what do you think does it make it any better or worse i need help here people give me your advice.
I have the new updates. But when at the beach, I like the original FE. Not sure for beach hunting you will see much difference in the last two updates.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
im going to the beach to metal detect for a couple of days im new to the equinox 800 should i upgrade and update to 2.0 or 3.0 or leave it as it is what do you think does it make it any better or worse i need help here people give me your advice.
Read your manual for wet sand beach hunting. I only hunt with a Excalibur myself.
Harry

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've upgraded each time one was available. Each one improved overall performance, so, I recommend you install the latest version. If you don't like it, you can always go back to a previous one.
Someday I would like to perhaps have a Equinox.Unfortunately I’m not good using computers is updating a complicating process

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someday I would like to perhaps have a Equinox.Unfortunately I’m not good using computers is updating a complicating process

Updating is easy peasy.............

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a apple computer but never use it .
I use the iPhone what do I need to do
Thanks Bill

It will require a device that accepts USB connections. One simply takes the charge cable and plug it into a computer.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will require a device that accepts USB connections. One simply takes the charge cable and plug it into a computer.
Is there any programs on the computer or just connect

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread