I'm in a bad place.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your Tnet family has your back. Hope all goes well for your Dad.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got your text today....my phone was down for a few hours...
Sorry to hear of this news, prayers to your Dad and your family. Hang in there Justin

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all for the nice words and prayers. Headed up on Thursday for a couple days. My mom doesn't want the kids there yet so we will be making a 2nd trip with them. I feel better that I am going now. Instead of staying home.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there BK!! Hope all goes well with your dad. As others have said, they can do amazing things with surgery and medicine now days!

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear this. I hope all is well with your dad and this blows over quickly. You definitely made the right decision to go. In my thoughts.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. He's doing much better. Starting to walk. I'm not sure i could have done the surgery. He's very strong.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been picker ,hoarder .whatever....Found out today that my dad had a heart attack and is in the hospital. They think it's mild find out more tomorrow... right now stuff is for real. I'm so depressed. My heart is broken...

Just being there will help your dad. He'll be cranky and depressed off and on, but helping him focus not on the Rehab for "Rehab Sake", but getting him to understand that Rehab is his ticket back home where he needs to be to feel better while it gives him support and comfort. Then, while at home, getting dad to do his Rehab when the visiting Physical Therapist is another hurtle. You got to get him to realize that doing the Home Rehab at home is "the way" not to go back to the hospital or the full time Rehab Center... As his strengths come back, he will be grouchy and sore, but he'll soon see your words and help are for the best!

You can't hover over him, so plan some time for yourself to keep your sanity and go do some pickin'. The brief times apart will enrich the time together....

We'll be sending prayers for him and all the family.

Bill

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just being there will help your dad. He'll be cranky and depressed off and on, but helping him focus not on the Rehab for "Rehab Sake", but getting him to understand that Rehab is his ticket back home where he needs to be to feel better while it gives him support and comfort. Then, while at home, getting dad to do his Rehab when the visiting Physical Therapist is another hurtle. You got to get him to realize that doing the Home Rehab at home is "the way" not to go back to the hospital or the full time Rehab Center... As his strengths come back, he will be grouchy and sore, but he'll soon see your words and help are for the best!

You can't hover over him, so plan some time for yourself to keep your sanity and go do some pickin'. The brief times apart will enrich the time together....

We'll be sending prayers for him and all the family.

Bill

Thanks for the kind words and prayer. I talked to him last night after being home for about four days and he seems to be pretty good. He said he's looking forward to a full recovery and he wants to see his grandchildren really bad. I'm hoping to go up there in a month for three weeks with my kids to help them move from Pennsylvania to South Carolina. I know he can't do much as far as lifting Goes. I do want to share some of my favorite moments though and I hope you get the chance to read them.

Day after he came out of surgery he was pretty drugged up on pain killers so we played ZZ Top for him. His favorite band. He couldn't remember the words but the air guitar was flowing fine! His fingers were moving crazy in his mouth was going but the words were mumbled.

When he coughed or had hiccups it caused a lot of pain. The nurse came in and asked him, when you cough, do you use the pillow, or the chest holder? He said I use curse words!!

Nurse: how do you feel?
Dad: like sh*t, thanks for asking!

Nurse: we're going to give you an enema.
Dad: like heck you are! I'll hold it til I pop!

Nurse: time for your sponge bath!
Dad: wohoo! I lived 74 years for one of these!!
Dude nurse walks in......
Dad: kill me now!

There was a lot more but I'm afraid I might lose my TreasureNet.com account by reposting them. I hope that someday when I need surgery I will be half the man he was through it.

There were some scary nights. Somehow I got Nightshift because I like to list my stuff on eBay late at night so the family figured I'm used to staying up late. I am used to staying up late, I am not used to walking outside to the car at 4 AM and all the druggies are hanging out in the parking lot. The opied? Drug that is affecting the country is no joke. Some guy wanted a ride, he was asking for money in his wheelchair. When I said no he stood up and he got all upset. I nearly wet myself. Every night coming out of the hospital there were the same group of druggies asking for money... or a ride. One guy asked for sex... (wished I was carrying to put him out of his misery) it's a different world out there. Some scary crap if you ask me!

tamaco

Oct 16, 2013
southwest
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your dad sounds like a great guy. Humor will definitely help! Hoping he has a speedy recovery.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope, he'll be well soon and he will see this as a warning and it often turns out for the better because they start to take better care of themselves. Your dad seems a very cool character and certainly has good music taste. How can one not recover, with the ZZ top?

Last edited:

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. He's doing much better. Starting to walk. I'm not sure i could have done the surgery. He's very strong.

Well open heart surgery isn't for the novice, Beachkid23. I'm not saying i'm doubting you but its best left to the doctors and surgeons that went to school for that sort of stuff.

:icon_biggrin: its good to hear your old man is doing good considering what hes gone through. Make sure he gets his rest and sees plenty of you

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck. I've really enjoyed your many posts here. Hope your dad gets up and running again. Could be a silver lining, to make changes to ensure a longer, healthier future.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update:
I just bought tickets last night for myself and my kids to go to Pennsylvania for 20 days. We will be going to a big Fourth of July celebration. Going to take my oldest two camping with friends for a couple days, they've never done that before. (tent and all) So we will get to go tubing and bonfires. No hiking as I have a bad ankle. They can go hiking with the other family, I'll tend the beer and fish!!

Other family will be visiting. Going to clean house for an estate sale. Should be a busy eventful last trip home! Next year will be spending a month with them in their other house in South Carolina! Looking forward to it

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update:
I just bought tickets last night for myself and my kids to go to Pennsylvania for 20 days. We will be going to a big Fourth of July celebration. Going to take my oldest two camping with friends for a couple days, they've never done that before. (tent and all) So we will get to go tubing and bonfires. No hiking as I have a bad ankle. They can go hiking with the other family, I'll tend the beer and fish!!

Other family will be visiting. Going to clean house for an estate sale. Should be a busy eventful last trip home! Next year will be spending a month with them in their other house in South Carolina! Looking forward to it

Things are looking up !! Great news ,cherish every minute of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions