I’m new to this, but I did have a surprising problem with my pinpointer.

Jamie Rullestad

Dec 3, 2020
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was poking around over the weekend on my acreage, a farmstead that’s been exposed to the maladies of farming over the last 150 years.

As my new Minelab 540 would start to ping, I’d zero in the best I could, dig out a plug, and occasionally reach for the pinpointer in the pliers pocket of my work pants. I’d poke around in the dumb luck hope of finding something in my new endeavor. And what befuddled me, was that every single time I’d put it back in that pocket it would go off. Nothing in my pockets, new battery......I couldn’t figure it out, until I did.

I wasn’t turning it off as I put it back in that pocket of my carpenter pants, nose down, pointing directly at........my new knee.

Whether they used titanium or stainless, I don’t know, but that pinpointer did sing it’s praises.

Germanrazor

Jan 7, 2021
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+,
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s like a friend of mine who had a artificial leg. He plays jokes on new people by having his pocket knife out and whether whittling on something or whatever, he will stab it into his artificial leg while continuing to do whatever. I have seen people gasp on that one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread