I’m putting it in today’s fines because what I thought was one thing I found another

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven’t been doing much Detecting because any spots I have are in New Orleans and with gas at $3.75 down here it makes it hard because I normally just fine one good thing or nothing if you haven’t noticed. I’m kind of sad to say that during this time of me looking at all my older stuff that I was an educated enough or didn’t have the cleaning know how to do I have discovered I have some wonderful things. I thought this was a smooth Button turned out to be a Shield Nickel my second one and it’s been years. Andre pencils are worth every penny. No remember I couldn’t see nothing on either side just blank Needless to say my restoration skills are at all time high

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Upvote 18

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven’t been doing much Detecting because any spots I have are in New Orleans and with gas at $3.75 down here it makes it hard because I normally just fine one good thing or nothing if you haven’t noticed. I’m kind of sad to say that during this time of me looking at all my older stuff that I was an educated enough or didn’t have the cleaning know how to do I have discovered I have some wonderful things. I thought this was a smooth Button turned out to be a War Nickel my second one and it’s been years. Andre pencils are worth every penny. No remember I couldn’t see nothing on either side just blank Needless to say my restoration skills are at all time high
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find. I've never heard shield nickels being called a war nickel, is this a commonly used term among collectors of US coins?

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No it’s just when I write things that I cant explain. Uggh

LOL. No problem. I though maybe it had to do with the new coinage released after the Civil War to replenish the previous coins since those were scarce during the war years.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$3.75 a gallon would be a bargain around here. Our regular gas averages over $5 a gallon.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I triple check everything before it finally goes in the garbage can. Glad you caught that one Truth.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I triple check everything before it finally goes in the garbage can. Glad you caught that one Truth.
I don’t know if you’ve seen in my other post but during this dry spell and me having to put down wood floors in my office I had to take everything down and I discovered there were plenty of things that I just kept the first second maybe third year and I am so much more knowledgeable in electrolysis in Tryon is different things that I found an incredible amount of things that I’ve already had check out the 1812 one with the Canon that was completely smooth there was nothing on either side I thought it was a Button a plane but then I rediscovered it and I noticed there was a cannon on it after I left it in some lemon juice and the rest is history lol

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven’t been doing much Detecting because any spots I have are in New Orleans and with gas at $3.75 down here it makes it hard because I normally just fine one good thing or nothing if you haven’t noticed. I’m kind of sad to say that during this time of me looking at all my older stuff that I was an educated enough or didn’t have the cleaning know how to do I have discovered I have some wonderful things. I thought this was a smooth Button turned out to be a Shield Nickel my second one and it’s been years. Andre pencils are worth every penny. No remember I couldn’t see nothing on either side just blank Needless to say my restoration skills are at all time high
nice restoration and re-discovery

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread