I'm reaching the breaking point with Oak Island ...how bout you ?

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Next week is the one.
Something really important gets pushed up using that airlift thingy, and it looks like there is a skeleton down there.
Or they alluded there was a skeleton down that shaft.
All right, they just flashed a picture of an old skeleton, surely that means what we all thinks it means...doesn't it?

So far these guys have not found anything of worth, the Ghostbusters people have no real proof they ever came across a real ghost, the Bigfoot people have yet to find Bigfoot, the newer Seeking Hitler guys are doing a lot if traveling but so far guess what, still no proof of anything.
It goes on and on and on, if you are not one of those kind of people that are entertained by this "we think this is something really important and earthshaking" stuff but nothing ever quite seems to develop, style of entertainment, a modern version of the old timey cliffhangers serials from the early days in the movie houses, maybe it's time to do something else with your time.

Here's a thought...
The 1990's X Files show is running on reruns now on several channels and I think you can binge watch the entire thing on many streaming channels too.
Every episode a mystery, most of them get resolved at the end.
Ok some of them get resolved...and the whole series gets wrapped up by the last one.
Or it least it does after they came out with the movie a few years later...kinda.

All right not much is ever resolved, ever, the ending for Lost was a big disappointment too, Heroes lost me halfway through the second season, The Sopranos, yea, that ended really weird too.
At least these were all scripted, written and acted shows with actual actors.
If you thought they were reality that would have been crazy, if you could no longer suspend your belief and quit being entertained by them you just quit watching.
No harm, no foul...no regrets.

Same with this...
Trust me if you quit watching this one, or any other for that matter you will be ok.
The day someone finds actual treasure here, proof of Bigfoot or any ghost or they find proof Hitler didn't die in that bunker but actually spent his retirement years in a much more warmer climate than Germany you will know it for sure.
Any of these developments would surely result in front page news on most newspapers in the world, leading stories on all the tv news outlets, the main story on every news site and feed on the internet and everything else.
If something actually happens you will find out.

Till then maybe go watch a cooking show...they always seem to have a good satisfying ending.

Last edited:

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd say there's a max of 3 episodes left, producers are not going to pay for anymore. Good thing I was in the hospital for about a week, so everything from here on out is new to me.

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Edith Bunker lives on and is speaking now thru Zena Halpern???
[h=1][/h] Zena Halpern,..and is channeling
[h=1][/h]

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a Lot of Fast forwarding this week again :( I think I saw 5 Minutes of them digging up
an earlier searchers foundation :BangHead:

What a waste of Time.
I could have been sitting here reading Posts :(

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been watching it, mostly because I remember reading the Readers Digest story when I was young, and it seems like maybe they'll finally solve the thing. It is getting hard to watch though, when 90% of the episode is just filler and recapping what we've already seen, and the railroad spike being id'd as a part of a sailing ship just really got me. I think the belief that the original pit was nothing more than a sink hole and the people who say the "finds" in the hole were just salted in by people trying to get investors is probably accurate and there will be nothing found there.

At any rate, it's a bit easier to watch than Todd Hoffman saying he "screwed up bad" 10 times a show, so I guess I'll keep wasting an hour a week on it for now...

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a Lot of Fast forwarding this week again :( I think I saw 5 Minutes of them digging up
an earlier searchers foundation :BangHead:

What a waste of Time.
I could have been sitting here reading Posts :(

hang with it, Jeff. Next week they are going to dig a really deep hole. Should be lots of fun to watch.

OP
OP
A

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah , I agree with you about Todd - I'm surprised that anybody continues to invest in him. Freddie Dodge is the only real miner on that crew in my estimation . If I hear Todd Hoffman say "Holy Frigg" one more time , I'm gonna throw a shoe at the tv !

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I've been watching it, mostly because I remember reading the Readers Digest story when I was young, and it seems like maybe they'll finally solve the thing. ....

haha, when I was a young kid in the early 1970s, having just learned to read a grade school level, I would pour over my parents back-issues of Readers Digest Magazines. They had 10+ yrs. of back-issues in boxes in our garage, so as a kid, I'd dig in and read old magazines. And ... yup, like you, found the famous 1965 issue.

How could anyone argue with that ??!! A treasure hunter was born-in-me! But now looking back, I see it is all filled with conjectures, assumptions, etc..... All the stuff that was a supposed "given", is un-questioned. And it was nothing more than a summary (hence reader's digest condensed) of earlier "he said she said" telephone game stuff. But organized in such a "bigfoot/UFO" type appealing way, that NO ONE could dispute it (as long as you didn't apply any sense of "who said" or "how do you know" scrutiny).

Such is the lure of treasure fever. Everyone wants "so hard to believe" (lest you be "left out"). So no one ever applies any skeptical questions, and latches on to the silliest of proofs and possibilities, to keep the silly notion alive.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't wait until this comes out on DVD so I can purchase the whole box set - as a gift to people I don't like.

"Let's let things remain in the past. I bought you a gift as a token of my sincerity.":laughing7:

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't wait until this comes out on DVD so I can purchase the whole box set - as a gift to people I don't like.

"Let's let things remain in the past. I bought you a gift as a token of my sincerity.":laughing7:

Ouch, that is so cruel! I don't want to be on your naughty list. Tie me to a chair, toothpics to hold my eyes open and the WHOLE series playing in front of me... AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Ouch, that is so cruel! I don't want to be on your naughty list. Tie me to a chair, toothpics to hold my eyes open and the WHOLE series playing in front of me... AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Two more seasons?
eeeee.jpeg

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that is bad, so bad! What gets me is that you hear them get all the different theories and then, still no idea. Hey guys, guess what, it's gone if it was ever really there! I'll check it out just to see if they pull something up, still waiting for the day when they pull up the original Bozo the Clown costume or something like that. Two more seasons, na, the money will be gone for sure by then or their families will put their collective feet down and say no more!

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can tell you how many seasons are left or if you want specifics, how many shows are left. None, zip , nada...for me at least! Last night's episode was quits. With the whole FDR and the crown jewels B.S., Edith Bunker (LOL), and her Knights Templar nonsense maps and now more new "experts" (aka nut jobs), with theories about tunnels to an adjacent island slated for next week...no thanks! I have also decided that in the future should I be attracted to a show and I hear that idiot narrators voice...click, instant channel change!

And BTW, did anyone else notice that the short log they first pulled out, followed by later the "mystery" boards, perfectly matched the boards and the log braces lining the 1930's trench seen in the very first trench photo they showed? Of course they spaced each item, log, boards, trench photos apart enough so that it wasn't blatantly apparent. Dun Dun Duuuuuuun......new "mystery". Yeah right! I give it two more episodes of fluff, fill and guesses before they finally admit it's old trench debris. Adios Laginas Brothers!

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I had just the money they spent boring that first big hole in the ground though, there's a spot down here where rumor is two Confederate bronze cannons made from local church bells are sunk with a river boat.... I'm betting I could figure out a way to recover them with that kind of money....

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish I had just the money they spent boring that first big hole in the ground though, there's a spot down here where rumor is two Confederate bronze cannons made from local church bells are sunk with a river boat.... I'm betting I could figure out a way to recover them with that kind of money....

Get that money Ken and I'll go with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigtimedeal

Feb 3, 2011
FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I still like watching it just to imagine myself involved in a fun quest this time of year.

I agree the announcer is the worst "A leaf? On the ground?"

I hate how they seem to jump at every new wild goose chase instead of seeing one thing through

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread