I'm reaching the breaking point with Oak Island ...how bout you ?

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay Geobound, let's see if I have this right: Elvis, Michael Jackson and Jimmy Hoffa are sitting in Elvis' Cadillac at the bottom of the shaft with Michael's monkey and popcorn watching music videos and reruns of Viva Las Vegas??? So the treasure might actually be a monkey that can hold its' breath that long or whatever's left of the Caddy? Alright, bring in the bigger hammer grab!

LOL.......I can't believe I just saw this now!!

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be inclined to expect a pretty good find this season. Not the 'big one', mind you. Just enough to reel the viewers for the advertisers.

Not sure what it would be, maybe $100,000 in McDonald's gift certificates or something. Probably something like a canon. Most canons can be tied to specific ships too.

Yeah, a cannon and a big bag of salt.

Last edited:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jimmy Hoffa ended up in a sausage grinder.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never heard of this show or legend until I found this thread. I was doing searches while reading through the 15 pages of comments. The first link I read convinced me that the money pit did not contain pirate treasure. The last link convinced me that the finger system on the beach was made to make salt. I also read the 1965 Reader's Digest article. Yeah, I can see how that ignited many an imagination.

One thing that kept going through my mind as I read was that the simplest possibility is the most likely one. A 200 ft pit with multiple tunnels to flood it is very complex. With no proof these tunnels exist, it just does not make sense.

Thanks to everyone who posted for allowing me to learn a few things.

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant, wont watch any more episodes, Ill read about when it happens
then, Ill watch the find
Brady

rjeffw

Mar 27, 2017
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of you may have heard of Jovan Hutton Pulitzer. He was on the 2nd season of Oak Island. I would highly recommend looking him up on YouTube or his Facebook page. He also goes by History Heretic. He has some very interesting takes on the show and the island.

rjeffw

Mar 27, 2017
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K. The legend of 7 must die? How about they do the only thing they haven't tried yet. One quick little human sacrifice, and get it over with.

The 7th has died. He was one of the old men that owned part of the island. I can't remember his name right off. So that part of the legend has come about.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Likewise i'm done, besides i gave up comcast, & don't have internet.
I'm pretty much getting all my treasure tales here. Lol

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
He has some very interesting takes on the show and the island.

Is that the guy that presented the eBay replica sword as a Roman artifact?

Yes, he has some interesting takes all right. Complete horse apples, but interesting nonetheless.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some of you may have heard of Jovan Hutton Pulitzer. He was on the 2nd season of Oak Island. I would highly recommend looking him up on YouTube or his Facebook page. He also goes by History Heretic. He has some very interesting takes on the show and the island.

Great for a laugh. "Commander" Philyaw is guilty of not just stolen valor but outright fraud.

CaptainChance

Aug 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ and Worldwide
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems to me that the treasure hunting community is plagued by a **similar** problem the UFO community has. There are genuine unknown objects that are never identified (not saying they are from space) and obvious bogus stories that are either made up or lack any form of factual proof or evidence. The Oak Island story is filled with holes. Anyone who knows the geology will immediately identify the original hole as a naturally occurring formation found elsewhere in the region. As floods, fires, tree falls and other events occur, the holes are filled with what appears to be man made structures. The "flood system" is also bogus, as it would take hundreds of engineers to construct such a project. The only man-made artifacts found, which have oddly disappeared, are obviously placed there to encourage investors. For me, this story is completely debunked. The Fenn treasure story is also bogus. Fenn is a smart guy. No one would place a treasure on Federal or State land, only to lose the cache to Federal or State taxes, or courts. I also find it ironic that Fenn publishes the clues in a book that sells for over $60.00. Most of us would end a genuine treasure hunt after two people have been killed and more likely to come. He does not reveal the treasure because there is none. He cannot prove there is one. He made no attempt to legally document the placement (in secret). When he dies, people will keep looking for the next hundred years and find NOTHING! What a great scam to immortalize yourself. But lets say there is a treasure. Who on earth would be dumb enough to claim it for publicity? You would lose about 50% to taxes, or Federal, Indian, State or some other entity would hold up the treasure for years. (Remember the Sue dinosaur story where the rightful owners got screw$d?) A smart person would melt the gold down, sell the jewels and artifacts and keep their mouth shut. I still believe that Fenn should be hauled into court and either prove there is a treasure or be held responsible for creating a scam that is killing people. The next time someone hides a treasure they should photograph it and have an attorney draw up some type of court-sealed affidavit confirming the placement. I'm really surprised more of these treasure-based publicity stunts have not occurred... I mean, for real.

Last edited:

rjeffw

Mar 27, 2017
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that the guy that presented the eBay replica sword as a Roman artifact?

Yes, he has some interesting takes all right. Complete horse apples, but interesting nonetheless.

No I don't think that was him. I watched that episode, and I don't think he had anything to do with that sword. I think a family had it and brought it to them to examine. It was old, but not a traditional sword. It was a ceremonial sword.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I don't think that was him. I watched that episode, and I don't think he had anything to do with that sword. I think a family had it and brought it to them to examine. It was old, but not a traditional sword. It was a ceremonial sword.

no, that was the complete BS story sold by the show. The "sword" was a modern fantasy piece sold the Italian ebay site. we debunked that garbage within days of it airing

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no, that was the complete BS story sold by the show. The "sword" was a modern fantasy piece sold the Italian ebay site. we debunked that garbage within days of it airing
If you can get a copy or view that episode, watch it and pay careful attention to everyones facial expressions & body language. They ALL knew it was bogus and had a rough time not letting on. The eyes don't lie......

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Strength Of Swords

Strength of Swords.jpg

From My Theory...The (Untold) Story of The Oak Island Money Pit...The Sword found at Oak Island was used and discarded by the Freemason's as a Ceremonial Sword.

masonsword.jpg

From about 1880 to 1920, members of the Fraternal Order of Masons wore society swords with elaborate markings during various ceremonies. Various manufacturers produced society swords, and the Masonic swords bear certain similarities with those of other so-called secret societies, such as the Knights of Pythias. Other markings are unique to the Masonic Knights Templar swords.

Masonic Swords.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread