I’m Your Huckleberry

Mar 24, 2018
Quad Cities
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-TRAC, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Garrett Pro Pointer AT w/Z-Lynk, Sunray X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All!

My first name is Mike and I’m the new guy on this forum. I’ve PM’d a few of you already as I inquired about some E-TRAC items that were for sale, so I assure you that the inquiry was legit and I am not a troll.

A little about me; I am 55 years old and the husband of one, the father or four, and the grandfather of 5. My wife and I live in the great Quad Cities area and love the Midwestern lifestyle. I picked up my first metal detector back in the ‘70’s, but haven’t done much with one for a few decades. I got involved in detecting again last year after my wife of 25 years lost her wedding band set while doing yard work and gardening. I picked up a new metal detector, found her rings and became her hero all over again.

I currently own two detectors, a Garrett AT Max and a Minelab E-TRAC. Both are dressed out with some extra gear, but I am always looking for deals. I plan on getting a Minelab Equinox 800 later this year after Minelab fills the slew of pre-orders sitting on the books. I also have the Garrett ProPointer AT as well, but I am keeping an eye out for a Sunray X-1 probe for my E-TRAC.

I joined our local club, Illinois & Iowa Treasure Hunters Club, located in Bettendorf and attended my first meeting last night. It was great to hang out with a group of guys with the same passion for detecting.

Back in the ‘90’s I was an LEO in Illinois and hence the name “TheMetalDetective”. I currently own my own business (16 years) and I am also a third term Mayor of our town. My wife and I love to travel and you can bet “have detector, will travel”.

In order to keep this introduction post from becoming too long I will end it here, but that’s my story and I am sticking to it.

Happy Hunting!

TheMetalDetective a.k.a. Mike

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello and welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

Nice story, thank you for sharing. :occasion14:

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-net .....................................:icon_thumleft:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy Mayor.

Welcome to the forum sir. Great introduction, spoken like a true politician!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Mike! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Illinois for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
T
Mar 24, 2018
Quad Cities
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-TRAC, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Garrett Pro Pointer AT w/Z-Lynk, Sunray X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen, thank you for the welcomes. I am glad to be a part of your community.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois, Mike. 🙋 Also a retired LEO. 36 yrs.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Oklahoma. Looking forward to your finds and stories. Good Luck and Happy Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome from Mississippi and lots of luck.:thumbsup:

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome back to the passion

Pauliegold

Feb 2, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i also am a member of the Illinios iowa hunters club on facebook, been to a few national metal detecting days most fav was in galesburg got to meet kg and ringy,great hobby glad to see someone else on here good luck this year, theres a post on facebook about campoakwwood maybe see ya there

Dragonscout

Nov 1, 2018
Warner Robins, Ga
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO (formerly) - Tesoro Mojave, and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site from middle Georgia. As a former resident of St. Joseph, Missouri I know what you're saying about the area. You've got an awful lot of areas to hunt around the Quads and beyond. I was in the Midwest Artifact Society for a time and you can definitely get some great friendships built with a small investment of time. As a former MP I had that same "blood hound" spirit in me and you're gonna love this hobby! Look forward to seeing your posts this year and beyond! Best of luck in all the hunting!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy hunting also hope to see some cool posts soon and great finds

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters of all kinds -- welcome aboard mate!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions