Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much of that gold came from America? Then call Americans looters for recovering any of it.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://nypost.com/2019/01/21/notre-dame-is-covering-up-its-problematic-columbus-murals/#:~:text=Notre Dame will shroud its 134-year-old murals of,Americans, the university’s president announced in a letter.

Notre Dame will shroud its 134-year-old murals of explorer Christopher Columbus after some students complained that the images were “demeaning” to Native Americans, the university’s president announced in a letter.
“The murals’ depiction of Columbus as beneficent explorer and friend of the native peoples hides from view the darker side of this story, a side we must acknowledge,” university president John I. Jenkins wrote in the Jan. 20 missive.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure, Spain financed exploration to discover a better trade route. It resulted in confiscating the wealth of 2 large continents... the Americas and invading, suppression of the First Nation people. Back then, wasn't International treaty to prevent crimes against humanity. Maybe eventually, the Native Americans will get around to taking on Spain themselves. At least for now, most we can hope for is removal of the icons (such murals) representing Spanish imperialism.

Last edited:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure, Spain financed exploration to discover a better trade route. It resulted in confiscating the wealth of 2 large continents... the Americas and invading, suppression of the First Nation people. Back then, wasn't International treaty to prevent crimes against humanity. Maybe eventually, the Native Americans will get around to taking on Spain themselves. At least for now, most we can hope for is removal of the icons (such murals) representing Spanish imperialism.
This is dangerous... removing history has never gone well. Rather those icons should be widely taught with proper context to everyone so as not to repeat our mistakes.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True, we do need to learn from history, not to repeat the same mistakes.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
so let me get this straight by this logic __if say 400 years ago my great great great grandpa robbed a stage full of silver coins and while transporting said stolen loot over a bridge on the way to his house the bridge gave way causing it to sink in a deep river and many years later on due to technology somebody on their dime and effort finds it -- i can claim it as mine? and give them nothging in return...

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine if you had many wrecks to explore.....imagine if you lived where modern treasure hunting began !! Imagine if you lived in a community that was built on the salvage of shipwrecks, and your forefathers and fellow islanders before you made there careers that way. Now imagine as a born and bred islander/conch that you are denied the right to pursue this traditional way of life !! Welcome to the Florida keys national marine sanctuary !! I find wrecks, evidence of wrecks, debri from wrecks almost every time I go out....not to mention the known spots that still contain treasure and we are made to believe its better off to leave it for archeologist to preserve and present to us.....where is this archeological super museum honoring our maritime cultural heritage in the keys ? The only thing I see is treasure hunters museums !! You mean to tell me in the time these asses have been managing our underwater cultural heritage that they can't present a permanent display somewhere in our islands that represents a cross section of our maritime history ?? ...... not even a little something for our community to be proud of ?? I've been diving shells latley and as always I manage to find wrecks....not even trying......I mean dang if someone provided the space to preserve and display it I could fill a building with maritime history to see and study for years to come !!
GH010075_1640916438188.JPG

Here's one from last week....if I could share videos that weren't from YouTube I could show you more of my latest ballast spill/pile.....sure would be nice to be able to explore it.....but thats a resounding hell no down here.....so I just continue to raid the shells....im allowed 20 a day, and they sell from 40-140 a piece depending on type and condition !! Treasure will always be sought in one shape or another, and for now ill dive the shells !!
20220109_120755.jpg
20220109_092556.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geeez.....im reduced to shell diving !! Soon as they find out I can make money from the recreational limit of shells that the powers allow me....well....then they'll limit, tax, and punish me for it,......and then ban it altogether

Stop stop.....that guy is making unregulated money !! What a f.cking crime !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kurt !! How are ya buddy ? Maybe I should just become a volunteer archeologist !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of things that an inquiring mind might want to investigate down here.....like those fused and blackened coin shaped objects ive circled ?? Odds are against it....but how can I tell until I bring it up and check it ??

Zoom in folks.....I ain't sure, and 95% of people who will be lucky enough to see this pile wouldn't even double glance at that ??
20220111_092655.jpg

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
so let me get this straight by this logic __if say 400 years ago my great great great grandpa robbed a stage full of silver coins and while transporting said stolen loot over a bridge on the way to his house the bridge gave way causing it to sink in a deep river and many years later on due to technology somebody on their dime and effort finds it -- i can claim it as mine? and give them nothging in return...
No. Once the stage touched the river it became a watercraft, and the the silver coins belonged to Spain at that point. Sorry, man. Those are the rules.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread