IMHO.. AT PRO and Gold should have been the same machine

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A bit of a rant... but when you buy one and 6 months later the gold comes out...

I personally think the two machines should have been one.

The name is AT PRO.... why bother with the standard setting? dump that and take the threshold control from the Gold and add it to the pro. Press and hold the ELIM button to access the threshold.

2 modes. Prospect and Coin/Relic silent search. All notchable... its a pro's machine.... you set it up. No presets.

Comes with 3 coils. Sniper, 8x5 and 11x8.... and the waterproof headphones.

Behold! the AT GOLDEN PRO!

anyone else wondered about this?

ezzz1

Oct 5, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75,Teknetic 8000, At pro , At gold,Tesoro Sabre Compass X-80,fisher cd3z, goldbug2 , Garrett 250 ace 150 ,Fisher F-5,fisher 553,Teknetic 2000,fisher f4 Tesoro lobo,, silver Umax, ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Different freq. The new at pro gold can detect a smaller object at a deeper depth. Ive been doing test with the gold the past month and its going to be a winner for gold prospecting
You will never seen a detector that will be the best at coin shooting , relic hunting and gold prospecting or all in one . Every company will have their own detector for just that certain hunting, even tho their are several detector that work good for each. Next week im going to post some picture

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always wished there was a waterproof Ace 250, and with the ATpro I got one. I use mine in standard mode so its like a waterproof Ace 250, only deeper with number ID. I'm starting to use Pro mode but right now I'm glad it has standard mode.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far we can not adjust the the detectors to much greater frequencies or change them to run on Pulse Induction or even TR. but maybe someday. No one detector does it all well. If they are HOT on very deep grains of gold, they go crazy for the guy coin shooting in a park and then he complains it finds bird shot. So some manufactures "dumb" the detectors down, like the Vipers, and the hunter wonders why it won't respond to a manhole cover. So to do it all we need more detectors just like a golfer needs different clubs for each shot. :coffee2:

Jerry-Wi

Mar 21, 2009
The Pro and Gold are optimized for different things. I think there are only so many things you can put into a detector before you risk making a "Swiss Army Knife" that does a lot of things but none of them well.

I also think that there is enough room feature wise for at least one more detector in the At series. We shall see.

Jerry

vanner1

Jun 21, 2011
Yes I have been thinking along the same lines lately , it would be great to have an all metal mode with threshold on the AT Pro. That being said the two machines have different purposes , but the all metal would certainly be an advantage on the pro

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
They could do it but the machines run in different frequency, which rules out the whole matter. I think multi frequency is still under patent, and even if not, the price goes up. You could not do this in the same price range, its a whole new beast.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jerry-Wi said:
The Pro and Gold are optimized for different things. I think there are only so many things you can put into a detector before you risk making a "Swiss Army Knife" that does a lot of things but none of them well.

I also think that there is enough room feature wise for at least one more detector in the At series. We shall see.

Jerry

You mean like this?

Attachments

• B000QGF986-victorinox-XAVT-600.jpg
    B000QGF986-victorinox-XAVT-600.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 766

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread