IMPOSSIBLE to Top! 2013 Cane Bandits YEAR-END POST

Flex68

Dec 10, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Currently researching to buy
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys obviously put in tons of time researching and figuring out the lay of the land. Only people who put in the time and effort are rewarded with those great items.

Well said, and agreed!

Mind boggling year/finds!!!!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent! There's nothing else to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will,
Sorry I couldn't reply earlier. I had to let my computer dry overnight. It was full of drool from me looking at all of your pictures. That was one h3ll of a year you three had.

"We got a total of 27 spanish silver reales in 2013, and I don't see us EVER beating that number. That gives us a total of 46 spanish silvers in two years of digging in Louisiana."

AMAZING!!! :occasion14: I had no idea that counterstamped piece of eight was that rare and had a value like that. :thumbsup:
That said, we'll be expecting lobster tail, steaks, and an open bar at your wedding. :tongue3:
Fantastic job. Congrats to you, Molly, and Shangalang.
-Doug-

Attachments

• diggers.jpg
    diggers.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 145

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice year, Buck! Hope you have another fantastic year in 2014! One thing...where's all the buckles??? lol

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will,
Sorry I couldn't reply earlier. I had to let my computer dry overnight. It was full of drool from me looking at all of your pictures. That was one h3ll of a year you three had.

"We got a total of 27 spanish silver reales in 2013, and I don't see us EVER beating that number. That gives us a total of 46 spanish silvers in two years of digging in Louisiana."

AMAZING!!! :occasion14: I had no idea that counterstamped piece of eight was that rare and had a value like that. :thumbsup:
That said, we'll be expecting lobster tail, steaks, and an open bar at your wedding. :tongue3:
Fantastic job. Congrats to you, Molly, and Shangalang.
-Doug-

Thanks Duhg! Lobster tail and steaks and an open bar coming right up. Or at least Indian food, accordion music, and a couple beers on the house. :D

Here ya go:

diggers.jpg

-Buhk

Last edited:
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice year, Buck! Hope you have another fantastic year in 2014! One thing...where's all the buckles??? lol

Only got 1 this year. It appears that Louisiana is a bit more stingy on the CW plates than KY was...but it makes up for it in other ways. At least I found one this year so I could keep my Tnet name! Haha.

Cheers,

Buck

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The masters of detecting!

Congrats on a fantastic season. :) May you kill it again next year!

Hopes are running high. :) Thanks for your reply, my friend,

Buck

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an Incredible year you guys had! I have enjoyed every post and video you guys put together. You have put in great work in research and in the field to recover these great pieces of history! You have a great location and should be proud to have the opportunity to save these pieces from being lost forever. It is awesome to see the relics and coins of everyday life of these early Americans as they lived, worked and played. Thanks for sharing the experience, keep it up and good luck in 2014 for the Cane Bandits!

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truly amazing year of finds, we out here in Denver salute you!
Carl

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been following your posts throughout the year, but when you assemble it all together for a year end post, it is quite impressive! Some fine relics and coins were saved from the cane fields last year, but I'm sure there are many more out there waiting for you!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an Incredible year you guys had! I have enjoyed every post and video you guys put together. You have put in great work in research and in the field to recover these great pieces of history! You have a great location and should be proud to have the opportunity to save these pieces from being lost forever. It is awesome to see the relics and coins of everyday life of these early Americans as they lived, worked and played. Thanks for sharing the experience, keep it up and good luck in 2014 for the Cane Bandits!

Thank you so much, my friend! Good luck to you in 2014 as well.

Every Good Wish,

Buck

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been following your posts throughout the year, but when you assemble it all together for a year end post, it is quite impressive! Some fine relics and coins were saved from the cane fields last year, but I'm sure there are many more out there waiting for you!

Thanks for your reply, Steve. Best wishes and Happy Hunting to you in 2014!

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
That is an absolutely an amazing amount of relics. All the silver is sweet. I believe you will find some gold in 2014 and maybe a nice buckle.
Dman

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an absolutely an amazing amount of relics. All the silver is sweet. I believe you will find some gold in 2014 and maybe a nice buckle.
Dman

Man, to dig a LA plate or gold coin would be incredible. I hope that's in the cards for me, but even if it's not then I'm gonna love digging every beep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread