In memory of our beloved "Punky"

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
In memory of our beloved "Punky"

This post is in memory of our beloved Sun Conure, "Punky", a small type of parrot with a heart as big as gold. He was some what of my detecting sidekick as he loved to get out in the fresh air, sitting on my shoulder, as I swung my coil. His death was a result of tangling with our cat, a battle he usually won, as he had done it several different times in the past. He was very protective of us and very territorial not allowing the other animals to get on the furniture. A few days ago he attacked the cat on the back of the sofa and they both fell to the floor. The cat scooted on out the door but Punky was moving a little slow. As like a few times in the past he stayed in his cage to recover from his ordeal. He seemed to be doing ok, but a few hours before his death he stumbled out of his cage and wanted us to hold him. I had a feeling then that he was not going to make it, so we all held him one last time before he passed. He seemed to go peacefully only to make a few small peeps as he took his last breath.

I know he was just a bird to some but he was a true friend and companon to me and was always on my shoulder in morning as I read my email, and read the many post here on TNet.
Thank you TreasureNet for having a section on the forum where I can post a small memorial to him...

Here he is doing what I always called his Supperman impression:
Punk_Superman_Pose.jpg

A few other pics of him simply looking as sweet as he was...
PunkT2.jpg

Sitting on the porch trying to catch a few z's
Pumky_Snooze.jpg

Just after a one of his baths. He looked a little cold in this pic...
TooCold.jpg

Here is where he spent most of the winter months as he didn't like the cold...
Cosy_Punk.jpg

I recently constructed a grape arbor and planted a small tree in the back yard, so we buried him at the base of the tree and made a marker using a sign we had bought as a joke. We later found out that the sign was a necessity...
He was 2-1/2 years older than what the marker reads, but we recieved him on Feb 12, 2004...
He will be missed...
Punlys_Marker.jpg

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: In memory of our beloved "Punky"

Leon,

I'm so sorry about Punky :'(, he was a beautiful, beloved pet.

:wink: RR

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH

Sorry, Leon :(
He was a cutie!

So; how's the cat acting?
Is she on the $hit list ?

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Thanks River Rat, Ashleen, I really appreciate the comments...
lol, that cat is always on my "S%&#" list... ;D Actually, it is a good cat. It's just one of those that everytime it sees ya it has to meow. We call her Screaming Mimi. She was a stray that attached itself to us last summer. The incident wasn't in anyway her fault so I can't really hold it against her. The bird was a spoiled rotten little punk and definitely lived up to his name.

Thanks again,
Have a great day, Leon...

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT

Leon, I'm sorry to read of your loss. You and your family have my deepest sympathies. He sure seems to be a neat little guy. I've never had a bird, but I think it would be cool to carry him around in the front of my shirt, as you have him in the picture. Thanks for sharing him with us, and get yourself another one. I'm sure Punky wouldn't mind.

Roger

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Thank you Roger,,, He was a pretty neat little guy. What ever you were doing he wanted to be there with you. What ever you were eating he usually wanted some of it, especially icecream.. This was the first and probably the last bird I will ever have as he was more of a friend and companion then he was a pet. ( More like a two year old going through those terrible two's ) He was very protective which caused problems here and there as he would bite, or try to bite, strangers. Some of the strangers I would have probably bitten myself.. :)
Thanks again for your sympathy, it truly is appreciated...

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am so very sorry.. : (

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros

so sorry for that beautiful bird and you and family. pets are so forgiving and wonderful.bill

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star

Leon,
I'm very sorry about Punky. I know it's a sad time for you now, but you'll see him again. It sounds like you had an incredible bond with him.

You know, I have this belief that our when our animals leave us, they aren't gone for good. In fact, I believe they still come back and visit us from time to time. Call me crazy & I'll admit I am, but keep an open mind and watch for signs.....

Still grieving the loss of my dog after a year has passed.....

Take care.

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Thanks guys,,,
It is all appreciated very much...

kimsdad, I truely think he may have been here the other day. We recently got another dog and for some strange reason he was looking over my sholder barking and would not stop. I never did figure out what he was barking at and it really give me the creeps... I had shills running up my spine before it was all over... Very weird feeling...

Thanks again all...
Have a great day, Leon...

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11

He was beautiful! I'm sorry for your loss.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread