VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey surface2!! Prayers for ALL!! VERDE!!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
R I P Surf
SCOTLAND-IRELAND 001_edited-2.jpg
Frank...

Last edited:

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm so sorry for your loss..it sounds like you had a wonderful father.
It was so thoughtful of you to address and educate others regarding liver cancer.
Time will soften this and your father will always be with you..
My Best to you,
Barb

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm dearly sorry for your loss and thank you for writing this post. Surf is the one that fed into my curiosity of antique glass I considered him a mentor and he was always good for a laugh with his witty banter.. And I thank him for it. And I send my condolences to you and your family. I know cancer and it sucks.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I read quite a few of Surf's posts, drawing me into an interest in bottles myself. He always posted good ones, and he added great value in helping others. He will certainly be missed. Sometimes it seems our Lord comes for us too quickly - maybe he had a special place picked out for Surf. Our best wishes to you and your family.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been & will always be missing surf's post's. R.I.P. Surf and my deepest condolences to your family !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot stand it when folks we love leave us too soon. And as I said on another post, it is amazing how this seemingly cold cyber-world produces relationships that are hard to define- in their depth-- in their far-reaching effects. Like the ripples in an ocean, growing constantly as they push across the vastness. A ripple created by a tear.
So very, very sorry for your loss- as it is ours as well. Abbey

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just found out this sad bit of news in a thread where I asked where Surf was because I knew I hadn't seen your dad in a while. He always took time with me answering questions and was never too busy for this newbie bottle collector and I admired that. I'm real sorry for your loss.

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For more on Surfaceone, go to the " AntiqueBottleForum".....Joe McDonough

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Sorry to hear of this news.I really enjoyed and looked forward to Surf's post,he will be missed!!

Prayers to the family.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a sad morning as I was reading the various post and came across the concerns of Surf not herd from by CoilyGirl, who I must say has a heart that can only be a detector of whats not the same and missing in this world we live. I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your father. I'm sure he left you with so many wonderful and fun memories for you to reflect back on. I will remember Surf as the fella who put much effort in on solving a photograph of some 1940's movie stars I found, it was such fun. My prayers go out to you and all who came to know and love Surf. He is truly a treasure lost to us.

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a sad morning as I was reading the various post and came across the concerns of Surf not herd from by CoilyGirl, who I must say has a heart that can only be a detector of whats not the same and missing in this world we live. I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your father. I'm sure he left you with so many wonderful and fun memories for you to reflect back on. I will remember Surf as the fella who put much effort in on solving a photograph of some 1940's movie stars I found, it was such fun. My prayers go out to you and all who came to know and love Surf. He is truly a treasure lost to us.

Yes, Grant, it is very sad news. We'll all miss Surf. Of all the thousands of 'What Is it' posts I've made, your Movie Star pic was my favorite. I often think of the great fun we had ID-ing those people. Although most of us TNet people will never meet in person, we certainly have formed a bond of which I'm thankful.

Sincerely,
Breezie

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like I'm really late to this post, I've never been on this part of Tnet before and just happened to see this about Surf. He helped with a few of my posts before & was very good, helping me a lot. I'm very surprised to see that he passed from this life and know you & rest of the family will miss him greatly....but also know that you will see him again one day. I really like what you wrote and the cartoon is great....you are a wonderful daughter...God bless.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions