Incomming F70 coil for my 75 !!!!

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking forward to seeing what results you get from it. I really like the wide footprint of the stock coil though.

Steve

liquid1

Apr 29, 2008
lake norman NC..
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Ace 250, Titan 2000 Xd
Ok easy you have an update yet..give us the true scoop..Is it a good coil for Relics in the Deep woods..james

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
liquid1 said:
Ok easy you have an update yet..give us the true scoop..Is it a good coil for Relics in the Deep woods..james

Maybe the results are TOO good, so he doesn't want to share the info with us. :icon_jokercolor:

Steve

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I sell them I have tried the F70 coil on the f75 and it's a waist of money the F75 coil does very well on target separation and to get any benefit from a smaller coil you need to go smaller then the F70 coil. And no its not deeper then the F75 coil on the F75. I have 10" dime in moderate soil solid hit on F75 with 11" coil. Very week signal with F70 and stock coil. And almost as week signel with F75 and F70 coil. F70 is a nice machine put the F75 coil on it and its even nicer. The F75 is a better machine much more sensitive to small brass.

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well there always seem to be so many myths going around about this detector that coil. The truth is most detectors are tuned to there coil they are shipped with. Changing coil sometimes can be a good thing such as a trashy area going to a smaller coil. If you didn't use the smaller coil you may totally miss objects very close to trash. With a smaller coil you actually get a good signal at a faster pace because of a smaller footprint. A concentric also has it's focus narrower then a DD, so it may hit better on a deep object next to trash, the F75 coil has proven to be an assume coil. I have learned that if you get a good signal in one direction and not the other dig it anyway it may be a good target next to a trash object. With the long focus of the DD it will blank out in one direction and not the other. Also narrow your pinpoint down to try and get 2 targets and you will see there is trash next to another object that signals good. This doesn't always work as it may just be a long iron object but do you want to miss a good target because you think it's trash? With the F75 a lager coil may give you more coverage area but how much deeper do you want to dig? I have been up to my elbow in a hole digging a mason jar with lid out? In some cases you pick up items in yards you just don't wont to dig any further for. The 6.5 would be a good coil to add to both the F70 or F75 as its small enough to give good separation at a faster pace. I have found signals with the 6.5 next to trash then rechecked with the 11" and if I moved the coil very slowly I still got a good signal but I probably would have missed it at a normal sweep speed. The F75 has such a fast recovery speed that If you slow down it will find deep targets next to trash. I have not found another detector that has such quick recovery. Detectors like the DFX are good detectors have great discrimination but there recovery target speed is crap. All the multi freq detectors I have used suffer the same issue. If you turn off one freq with the DFX it actually gets a faster responce on deep targets. I really hate a detector that signals after the coil passes a target because its recovery and sweep speed are to fast. I go to places that have been pounded with Explorers, DFX,MXT and the only reason the guys take me, they think theres nothing left. Then I am finding buttons and jewelery they missed. Part of the reason is not depth it's sweep speed. When I go to a field I may have only covered an area 10 x 10 while my friend with their DFX or MXT are done with the whole field. In most cases I still out do them. Slow down sweep slow overlap your sweeps try it from both angles don't always walk a field long ways like most people do, sweep it across. Hope this helps with the coil questions and the search for better coils. It's not always the detector sometimes it's the user.

liquid1

Apr 29, 2008
lake norman NC..
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Ace 250, Titan 2000 Xd
I have Been thinking about the F70 coil, a few users report slight deeper debts and swings a little better in tighter Brush..
But from reading your post reidman Ive opted for the FX-1 Instead If theres no Depth advantage for the older Deeper relics Im not intrested..I just gotten my F75 Back from Fisher for the Upgrade and replacing the Stock coil it went silent...Did A little testing and it seems like its not as Potent as it was before it went into FT..Times Been tight But plan to Hit it hard in the next few days in the Test garden..
When I got it back they had Iron notched out, had to reset...Thanks for the Info ..james

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread