Incredible Baseball-related find. 1894 Champions button. Super baseball relic!!

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings diggers!

I'm posting this for a hunting buddy. This button was found in Baltimore. We think it is silver, but not positive.

We can't find any other examples on the market and we think it is probably quite rare, or possibly one of a kind. As an O's fan, it's a find he will keep and cherish, but for insurance purposes, trying to get an idea of value. Here is another Baltimore champions button, a little later: Circa 1897 Baltimore Orioles Pin

Found about 8" with Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm Coil. Excavated last Friday.

Thank you for any assistance.

HH!
Brad

Attachments

• Os1.jpeg
    Os1.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 1,058
  • Os2.jpeg
    Os2.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 795
OP
OP
DFW_THer

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

DiggerAl

Aug 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep! We saw that Roadshow episode a while back and it certainly helped us get on the right track toward value. No way to truly know unless he lets it go to auction, but I think he's going to hang on to it.

Thanks for watching!

Yeah I kinda figured after all this time you found out more about it and saw it but, I figured i'd try and help! Like i said to kurt on youtube, sorry to bother! lol

Upvote 0

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Edit: oops someone beat me to it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very unique pin, hope that you'll be able to get a positive value reference to it, congrats on the find.

Upvote 0

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
DFW_THer

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I kinda figured after all this time you found out more about it and saw it but, I figured i'd try and help! Like i said to kurt on youtube, sorry to bother! lol

you kiddin'? No bother at all mate. :D Thank you!

Upvote 0

Snoman

Dec 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love watching and supporting The Hoover Boys on Youtube! Ever since I found ya'll on there I couldn't stop watching! You'se guys are definitely one of the most entertaining and knowledgeable group of metal detectors on the internet! Ya'll should and deserve more subscribers than you guys have! However all in due time, will ya'll blow up on there. Just a matter of time is all! With that being said, I hope ya'll had a great Christmas, and have Happy New Year! You all got me to get a AT Pro. I cannot wait to get out and about to get started! Wish I lived up there. Might have to just go ahead and visit my aunt! As always HH!!!

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love watching and supporting The Hoover Boys on Youtube! Ever since I found ya'll on there I couldn't stop watching! You'se guys are definitely one of the most entertaining and knowledgeable group of metal detectors on the internet! Ya'll should and deserve more subscribers than you guys have! However all in due time, will ya'll blow up on there. Just a matter of time is all! With that being said, I hope ya'll had a great Christmas, and have Happy New Year! You all got me to get a AT Pro. I cannot wait to get out and about to get started! Wish I lived up there. Might have to just go ahead and visit my aunt! As always HH!!!
Welcome to Tnet.:hello:
If you want knowledge you're better off sticking around here.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DFW_THer

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you want knowledge you're better off sticking around here.:thumbsup:

Cute! This is an old thread. I know you think you 'tell it like it is', but honestly, some of the comments you make are just uncalled for. This is not the first time you've left a snide comment on one of my threads. Have you ever considered becoming a Charter Member? I know how much you enjoy this website. You could support TNet and get a special badge under your name. Would really go well with that ego. I used to be a Charter Member, but I don't post here anymore, mostly because of a few bad eggs. Anyway... Differences aside, I hope the new year brings you many great finds, and good health.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DFW_THer

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

We sincerely appreciate the support! Kurt puts so much effort into the channel, week in and week out. Means a lot! Happy new year. Happy digging. -Brad

Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by CRUSADER If you want knowledge you're better off sticking around here.:thumbsup:

Cute! This is an old thread. I know you think you 'tell it like it is', but honestly, some of the comments you make are just uncalled for. This is not the first time you've left a snide comment on one of my threads. Have you ever considered becoming a Charter Member? I know how much you enjoy this website. You could support TNet and get a special badge under your name. Would really go well with that ego. I used to be a Charter Member, but I don't post here anymore, mostly because of a few bad eggs. Anyway... Differences aside, I hope the new year brings you many great finds, and good health.

It's just my opinion, but I think CRUSADER"S comment was more of a tribute to the researchers on the T-net 'What Is It' forum than anything against The Hoover Boys. No ill will was intended.

The depth and breadth of worldwide knowledge and experience on this forum is astounding at times. I am proud to be a contributor.

I hope you all have a safe, happy, and prosperous New Year!

DCMatt

Upvote 0
OP
OP
DFW_THer

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's just my opinion, but I think CRUSADER"S comment was more of a tribute to the researchers on the T-net 'What Is It' forum than anything against The Hoover Boys. No ill will was intended.

The depth and breadth of worldwide knowledge and experience on this forum is astounding at times. I am proud to be a contributor.

I hope you all have a safe, happy, and prosperous New Year!

DCMatt

Well, it's nice of you to give him the benefit of the doubt, but all I heard was "you're better off", which is how one would say "don't bother with X, do Y instead". If no ill-will was intended, it would be a very random and out of place message from someone who is obviously quite intelligent. I don't mean to make a mountain out of a molehill. Yes, there is a wealth of incredibly knowledgeable people on Tnet, I would never discount that. Take care man!

Upvote 0

mesper

Dec 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rare championship Pin

Not sure if this response finds anyone still interested, but just saw this thread and wanted to give a little help. It's an awesome find , Super rare. My great uncle played for the O's from 1894-1896 - Duke Esper (Pitcher) - Check out on Google. The find was actually a Lapel Pin given to the players and manager (Foxy)Ned Hanlon for winning the pennant that year. One was given each year they won -1894,95 and 96. 1896 they won the pennant and the Temple cup. A Three peat Pin was given to the players and manager with all 3 years on the Lapel Pin. We are possession of the one given to Duke Esper with his name on the back of pin. The pin you found is from 1894(silver) featured on an episode of the Antique Roadshow on PBS under Ned Hanlon - Google search will find the appraisal. Great find !

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread