Indian Falls NY.

Jan 15, 2021
Western NY USA
Primary Interest:
Other
Indian Falls (formerly Tonawanda Falls) is a small village in western NY Which contains a church, restaurant, and a water fall. This is also the birthplace of Ely Parker the union civil war general. There is not much there but the creek and farmland. At one point there was several mills, churches, a hotel, restaurants, and some gypsum mines. There was also a public park, and picnic grounds. This is not a true ghost town due to the fact that the town still exists, but it is a shadow of its former self. At one point a large expansion of the town was planned. I attached two images for your viewing pleasure. The first Is a 1876 map of the town. I highlighted the former roads that no longer exist in red and the existing roads in purple. The second is a street map of the current town without all of the distractions of the 1876 map. I am open to questions, enjoy.
PicsArt_01-15-06.12.14.png
Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 6.05.24 PM.png

Last edited:

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:hello:

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome! Are all the properties privately owned? If so, that would be an awesome place to detect. Hope you get some awesome permissions! I'm from the Poughkeepsie are in NY and live in MD now. I was thinking of starting a YouTube channel and travel to do metal detecting. Info like this is amazing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread