Indian River Inlet venture****

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, it finally looks like some nice weather for WED, THURS, & FRI so I am planing a trip there. I will be the guy with the yellow Surfmaster PI, and the yellow shaft sandscoop with the orange handle. If My MH is on the lot, I am there. Frank...
300MH.jpg If I find anything worthy of mention, I will post it here.
Might stop at the beach at Lewes.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Nice camper. I can't decide between one of those or a Yurt.

It's an '05 Xplorer. 21' long and 8' wide at the mirrors. It has a 305 HP Diesel and 4 wheel drive" actually 6 ". I can survive in the boonies for 2 weeks in reasomable comfort. It Has a 3.9KW generator-LP, Air conditioning, Microwave/convexion oven, Lp gas heating- hotair, water heater, 3 burner cook top, 15 interior lights. Cruise controll, tilt wheel, adjustable pedals, etc,etc,etc, Actually it was built for a dealers display vehicle and I happen to be in the right place at the right time to luck out. If I had to pay for all that stuff, I wouldn't be driving it. Been all over the USA several times sometimes on cache hunts, sometimes prospecting, sometimes Just exploring.

What is a Yurt? There is a small round portable building sold here called by that name. By your avatar I would surmise that you could survive where I couldn't. Frank...

MN300.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well, back to the beach. I am only up .33 so far lol Frank... 111-1 profile.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well , It was a bummer all around. Found a total of .33, a matchbox car, a gold colored fishook, a ton of sharp rusted wire peaces and a bunch of nails. Got evicted from 2 beaches by authorities. 1- Indian Rive inlet, south side, I paid the $7 fee, but was told to leave 4 hours later because no dogs are allowed in that area and I had Blue in the motorhome. 2- Lewes beach, I was told to leave after about 4 hours of detecting, that is picking up the wire and nails from the beach, because motorhomes were not allowed on the lot. I have been using these beaches for years, but I guess not again. Times are changing. The little nitch groupes are taking over locking up areas for there special use.
Frank...

111-1 profile.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread