Indiana Hunters?

OP
OP
SearchingTudor

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Same here

I am from Rushville, IN ... it's approximately 34 miles SE of Indy. I have never been treasure hunting or used a MD, just never had the funds to get into it; always helping mom & dad with money probs. I do have the knack for it, as we might find out when greeklover comes back with his treasure (I hope). Anyways, any of you know any good sites in Southern Indiana, that the cops won't be watching?

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
I'm originally from New Castle and was very heavy in the hobby while there. I do know of some exciting and fascinating sites around Indiana that I have been to and will be going back to next time I'm back home. If you want some ideas about good Indiana places I found shoot me an email and I'll let you in on them. I now live in Myrtle Beach, SC. The email I prefer you use is [email protected].
Happy hunting.
David

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello again, Searching Tudor...
Sorry about the long delay in the reply to you, but I lost the post, and couldn't remember where it was...
I have some relatives that live in Connersville... My hunting parters and I were down there at Robertson Park just a few weeks ago. We didn't stay long enough to see what the park was like, but I know it has been well used in the past...

Do you know anything about the little one room school building there just west of Gwynneville? going west on 52, it's about a mile or so, on the left hand side of the road... It sits on the edge of a farm these days, not sure if the farmer would let you hunt it or not...
Don't know of too many places that way to hunt myself, but I'm willing to bet, there are some good ones down that way...
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

OP
OP
SearchingTudor

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Hello Leon.? Yeah, I know which school house you are talking about.? Only thing is, I don't know the farmer's name/residence for permission.? Too many farmers 'round here! lol? ?Anyways, I know of another one-room school house on your way to Connersville from Rushville.? As you head East on 44 out of Rushville, you will turn right on the 2nd road past the cemetery.? It is Orange Pike.? Follow it for about 8-10 miles, and you will come to the school house on your left, after a 4-way stop.? It is in very bad shape, with all manner of growth around, and on it.? I don't know who owns the land it is on, either, but I bet it would be a good hunt also.?

~The Rainbow Warrior Scout~

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thanks for the tip... When I get back down that way I wiil have to check it out...
Was going to ask you how you did the scoll thing'y,,, guess I will have to pay more attention... ;D
KEWL!!!

M

mbrolin

Hello all. I'm from Indiana too, Greenfield, just east of Indy. Fairly new to the hobby. If anyone wants a THing buddy I'd be happy to tag along. Take care all.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello mbrolin,,, Welcome aboard!
Lately, because of the weather, I have been staying pretty close to home, here on the westside.
If your ever in one of the parks around town and you see a guy that looks just like my Avatar,, stop to say hey, if I haven't already. I try to talk to most of the Th'ers I see. Maybe we can hook up sometime. I've been wanting to try some new places out of town, but it will probably be next spring before I go too far...

M

mbrolin

Hi Leon, I would love to hook up some time. Yeah I'm not hunting any now, I hate the cold to much to get out there and hunt in it. I'm fairly new to this hobby and would appriciate any help. I wish we had a club around here. What metal detector do you have? I originaly had a cheap radio shack metal detector, but decided to get a real good one so I got the Minelab Explorer II, but I may have bit off more than I could chew with it, for it realy does have a steep learning curve. Since you are on the west side, are you allowed to metal detect in Eagle Creek Park? I was wondering about that, I think the beach there would be a good place to detect.
Thanks,
Matt

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DEKALB,illinois not 2 far from you indiana folks !

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello dekalb,
Welcome to the forum...
How's the hunting for ya there in Illinoise?
Haven't been getting out much here, because of the weather... :'(
If you haven't seen this post on an Illinoise swimming hole from 1925, you might want to check it out.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,4590.0.html
Maybe it's close enough for you to go check out...

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in Indiana for 25+ years before moving to NY 4 years ago. I hunted there as a kid but not seriously like i do now. I know some good spots but they are in the north west section of IN along Lake Michigan and around that area where i lived. Lots of 1920's and 30's gangster activity went on there and some of the areas are just as they were then or pretty close.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
leon thankz for the tip !!!!just ok for now newbie only 2 weeks now $1.60 in clad from my back yard
64 nickel,65,68quaters the oldest, some toy cars, foil ,caps,nails, wire,dog leash clip,etc still looking though it 20 here bbbbbrrrrrrrr nice early today 10-2 hunting the yard ,cold as hell now!!1 am now think i have read this but will look at this bro thankz again!!!! DEKALB33 ;D

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
You sound like me Dekalb33, I have only been detecting for a little over 5 months. And can't seem to set it down for the winter. I was out the other day in 27 degree weather. It wasn't too bad as long as you could keep the wind off of ya. Looks like your off to a good start. :)

Hey True Metal, I wouldn't mind learning the location of some good spots. I plan to go on a few small trips next summer, maybe that could be one of them...We, my hunting parters & I, were thinking of trying along the some of the beaches up that way. Ever try them?, or had a any luck there?...
Good Luck & happy Hunting~

sssnake31

Dec 27, 2004
Northwest Indiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little late on the post but I am from Northwest Indiana up by Gary. Detected a bit about 10 years or more ago then got married and had kids so haven't detected in some time but am now going to try and pick it up again. I have an old White's 6000 DI Pro.

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Snake 8) What town you in? I lived in Chesterton and Michigan City before moving 4 years ago.

Jan 17, 2005
Yo. This is a late post, just found the site.

I'm in Indy on the West side and I don't get out as often as I'd like. Last place detecting was in Kauai, HI and only found about 50 cents and a boat load of bullets (not sure what calibre, but several different kinds). The beach wasn't a sunning or swimming beach, so I wasn't too surprised.

Anyway, I'd be interested in scheduling an outing with someone that is willing to work with someone fairly new to the hobby. I own a White's DFX and I still haven't used it to its fullest capabilities I'm sure. I'm also willing to travel a bit if need be. If one of you is interested in getting out - once the sub-zero nights depart, just e-mail me. My e-mail should be visible to anyone on the forum.

Indypinpointer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread