Indiana

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Legacy X

Aug 11, 2021
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Alright where?s the Indiana hunters at. I?m located near Crawfordsville and Greencastle. If we hit it big I?ll split it 50/50 :occasion14:
Hey Cobra I am in Indiana. I live north on Indianapolis in Carmel. What do you like to hunt?

Legacy X

Aug 11, 2021
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Madison county, I like finding old coins
Well man I am not sure we could be live any closer lol. I am actually grew up in Muncie but went to play ball at Anderson University for a couple years then transferred to IU in Bloomington and ended up in Indianapolis. I sold an Insurance company a few years back and I slowly got back into relic and treasure hunting. As a kid I did a lot of arrowhead hunting in the Muncie area. I was actually into the Forrest Fenn treasure and build a small Youtube channel of 1K subs around that but after it was found I really took my time figure out what was next and in that process fell in love with cache research and hunting. I have multiple projects here in our area I am working on. We should for sure keep in touch and maybe get out sometime. Nice to meet you. My email is [email protected] or just message me on here. Tomorrow I am going down to Greensburg to look over a very good cache lead a few miles out of the city. Its a big one. Approaching the farmer should be interesting. It always is :).

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yoiu might check out Indiana Dirt Detectives on FB

seagullplayer

Aug 13, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 & ACE 400, ACE Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Southern Indiana here, closer to the first state capital than I am the new one.

IndianaDirtPirate

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2021
Harrison County Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 & Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well man I am not sure we could be live any closer lol. I am actually grew up in Muncie but went to play ball at Anderson University for a couple years then transferred to IU in Bloomington and ended up in Indianapolis. I sold an Insurance company a few years back and I slowly got back into relic and treasure hunting. As a kid I did a lot of arrowhead hunting in the Muncie area. I was actually into the Forrest Fenn treasure and build a small Youtube channel of 1K subs around that but after it was found I really took my time figure out what was next and in that process fell in love with cache research and hunting. I have multiple projects here in our area I am working on. We should for sure keep in touch and maybe get out sometime. Nice to meet you. My email is [email protected] or just message me on here. Tomorrow I am going down to Greensburg to look over a very good cache lead a few miles out of the city. Its a big one. Approaching the farmer should be interesting. It always is :).
So how did it go in Greensburg?

IndianaDirtPirate

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2021
Harrison County Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 & Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a couple secured that look promising. And a couple more in the works.

One is a location down on Blue River off 62. I should know something for sure on it by month's end.
Just let me know I'm hitting the parks now, so much trash I don't think they've ever been worked.

Mysterious Outdoors

Jul 16, 2022
NW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250...looking into a Nokta Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright where?s the Indiana hunters at. I?m located near Crawfordsville and Greencastle. If we hit it big I?ll split it 50/50 :occasion14:
I will detect with you but we would have to meet half way some where...Im in NW Indiana. Good places up here though, many parks.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea how I didn’t see this. You still around? I actually think this lead was one I made a huge mistake with finding correct location.
Mistake? please explain, this is ground zero for me.

OP
OP
Cobradude22

Cobradude22

May 11, 2018
Crawfordsville, IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Cobra I am in Indiana. I live north on Indianapolis in Carmel. What do you like to hunt?
Hello there, sorry I didn’t see your message on here until tonight. Took a break from detecting for a bit, but I’m about to start swinging again. Just found out last week that minelab came out with the 700,900, and manticore. It was like Christmas for me 😂. Still swinging my equinox 600 though. Figure I will hold off on a new detector until something replaces the CTX and go from there.

As for what I hunt, anything really. Had a friend that had permission to detect Wabash college Grounds in Crawfordsville. Seen some really crazy coins come from those grounds. I detect a lot of empty farm fields mostly, where the houses are long gone and the only thing left are tiny bits of broken glass. Those are always the most exciting locations to me. You never know what your going to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread