info please

camperlee

Jan 8, 2008
belding, Michigan
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett ACE 250
Hello.. try going to near by towns and check to see if you can detect their parks and try schools tot lots are good for finding rings and coins usually nothion too old but I did find some wheats at one.

OP
OP
U

unlucky

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2009
thanks for the info i was not sure if i could detect at schools. i just dint want to get into any trouble.

Deepseeker 1

Nov 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark, Ace 250
You did'nt mention if you are near any type of beach. I own an Ace 250...it has already paid for itself in the first two months. In my experience it can find most coins/ and rings pretty reliebly in up to 8 inches of dry sand. I listen to the sound rather than looking at the Target I. D. I found that the target I. D. is usually accurate 4 inches and under. It's a fast machine...i have found it will handle a swing from left to right up to 1 second per swing and it responds well! If you go into wet salty sand use the standard coil (6 x 9) and turn down the sensitivity to about 3 to 5 bars... your area will differ so experiment. This machine will false in wet salty sand, so you need to make some adjustments...also at the beach...DIG EVERYTHING.....Iv'e dug up rings that the machine said were nickles or pull tabs. Just give it time to learn your machine. In parks listen for the multiple beeps over a target ...make sure it's repeatable if you turn your swing 90 degrees from your original swing...my suggestion at parks use a planting pick like tool, screwdriver, or similar tool so as not to make too big a hole to fill back. To really learn what's a good sound ...bury some test items in your own test garden in your yard. A good start is set coins at 2, 4, and 6 inches and also bury some rusted iron to hear the low tone of the machine. The best teacher is just spend time with the machine, and listen very carefully at the tones associated with different targets....you'lle get there!!! Also the best teacher is...you! It's a good machine and before you know it you will be finding the good stuff. As Camperlee mentioned too try the tot lots, sand boxes, and swing set area...these will have sand or wood chips ...good finds to be had there too! Also areas that look as if it is a great spot to sit down to have a picnic. Ace 250,... a great machine!...Best of hunting to you!!

Deepseeker 1

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
parks, tot lots, beach, and check with your neighbors to see if you can detect their yards good luck....Matt

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget to detect the edge of parking lots where people dig into their pockets for their car keys. I found a couple of rings within 10 feet of a parking lot.

TimC

Deepseeker 1

Nov 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark, Ace 250
Good Comment TimC ...the edge of the parking lot is were people start looking for thier keys, and other things. Not everyone would pick up on that! :icon_scratch: Also I have done well searching around picnic benches, and right along the edge of sand boxes...this is were the adults sit ...you can find pocket spills there!! Good Luck :hello:

Deepseeker 1 :)

deepbeep

Jun 11, 2009
Bolivar, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
TimC said:
Don't forget to detect the edge of parking lots where people dig into their pockets for their car keys. I found a couple of rings within 10 feet of a parking lot.

TimC

I like curb lawns "devil strips" in front of old houses for the same reason.

Tim

S

stefen

Might consider changing your name from 'Unlucky' to something more positive :coffee2:

Just a thought...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread