Inherited Graphite art from Pennsylvania * Art Experts needed *

oldbattleaxe

May 26, 2010
These were inherited from my wife's grandmother from Pennsylvania. There are 5 pieces done by the same artist. They are quite unique. All of a farm scene at night. We removed one to search the back and it says Bainbridge Illustration Board. Looking at all of them they depict barns, old hay rake, old hay wagon pulled by horses. and all show power lines and poles. Almost like invention of electric is dating these scenes. The hay rake and wagon carrying people dressed for winter with bits of snow as well. The dogs squirrel and rabbit also being added to the scenes. We own one of them. The other ones have been handed down to the rest of my wife's siblings. I have been trying to find an artist of these for over 15 years on and off searching. I have had huge success solving my posts here on the forum. Maybe even refer me to a reputable art expert? Thanks

Attachments

• DSC08221.JPG
    DSC08221.JPG
    568.2 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC08220.JPG
    DSC08220.JPG
    817.5 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC08223.JPG
    DSC08223.JPG
    862.5 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC08222.JPG
    DSC08222.JPG
    562.6 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: Fat
OP
OP
oldbattleaxe

oldbattleaxe

May 26, 2010
The picture with the farm, dogs and rabbit is our original picture. The others have been professionally copied from the other four so we all have copies. They all hang on our wall. My sister n law says she could not find any names. Since I do not have the other four I cannot look at them.

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Responding late on this, but, I'd say likely regionalist or WPA(Works Progress Administration/New Deal era) works...1930s-1940s. They're very nicely done. A fine inheritance.

OP
OP
oldbattleaxe

oldbattleaxe

May 26, 2010
Responding late on this, but, I'd say likely regionalist or WPA(Works Progress Administration/New Deal era) works...1930s-1940s. They're very nicely done. A fine inheritance.
Jarl, thank you very much to help in identity. I will look that info up for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions