Insulator Find

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I found a nice aqua colored insulator today while geocaching along a bike trail today. There were several old telegraph poles in the woods running along side the trail, and we found this really nice looking insulator at the base of one of the poles. It's got some light damage, but not too bad considering how old it probably is.

The only markings anywhere on it is an embossed capital A on the top. I now it's not super old or valuable, but can anyone tell me roughly how old it is and who may have made it??

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• Ins1.jpg
    Ins1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Ins2.jpg
    Ins2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Ins3.jpgf.jpg
    Ins3.jpgf.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 90

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
late 1800s early 1900s

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TrevorHunter

Feb 17, 2018
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice color on that beehive there. It looks like a green aqua to me. It's worth about 20 to 30 dollars according to North American Glass Insulator Price Guide. I couldn't tell you the exact date but if I had to make a good guess I would say it's from the 1890's.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did see some insulaters on top of old poles in the desert in the area surrounding Union pass,Arizona. No photos,but you could see the sun bouncing off the glass. Also ran into a Meteor crater,and a old wooden toll road bridge,interesting place.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dont let that mis-lead you. Ebay is flooded with them, they go cheap, and are heavy to ship! Some of the rare ones bring some good $$$$

GreenHorn

Aug 6, 2007
South Carolina
Look closely below the wire groove on the skirt. Your looking for the letter B. Should be there somewhere. This is a CD145 that was made by Brookfield after the turn of the century. As you already said, value would be zip on this one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread