Interesting Find - Massachusetts

E36graduate

Aug 27, 2014
Dighton, MA
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350. Garrett AT Pro (new 3/26/16)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this on virgin property in woods of Massachusetts - about 5 miles from the legendary Dighton Rock.

Not sure what it could be, if anything or just a coincidence?

The round area (eye or moon) looks to be a fossil? The 3 indented lines seem to be either a gill or trees, depending on how you look at it?

I think it looks like some type of filled alien? My dad said turn it around and it looks like a moon with 3 trees ? This is Indian territory!!

image.jpg

capecodder

Nov 29, 2007
sandwich mass.
After many years being a member... This is my first reply ever. Lol. I don't have any answers about that rock. However, I do believe the place it was taken from may be more important than the rock itself.

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
indian tryin to depict an alien face, not much of a sculpter tho.

EARL51

Nov 4, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 70
Another lost Portuguese explorer? Found some sweet points right across the river.

Rhode Hog

Jun 22, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Looks like an ocean sunfish ,the real name is something like mola mola not sure how it is spelled.They are seen in the summer around here and can get quite large.Perhaps someone can post a picture of one.

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This reminds me of all the times I've read about a carved stone being removed from a site and then they find out years later that it was a treasure marker. Then nobody can remember exactly where the stone was before it was moved.

AnnieF

Jul 26, 2012
Western NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Found this on virgin property in woods of Massachusetts - about 5 miles from the legendary Dighton Rock.

Not sure what it could be, if anything or just a coincidence?

The round area (eye or moon) looks to be a fossil? The 3 indented lines seem to be either a gill or trees, depending on how you look at it?

I think it looks like some type of filled alien? My dad said turn it around and it looks like a moon with 3 trees ? This is Indian territory!!

View attachment 1074523

Looks meaningful to me. Haven't a CLUE why or what, but it looks meaningful!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread