Interesting Stats about the Equinox 600 and 800

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just look at the number of post for models and brands of metal detectors on this forum as of 5/20/2018

Here are the top number of posts:

Minelab
#1 - Equinox 5,977
#2 - CTX3030 284

and all the rest don't even come close

Garrett
AT Pro 152
ATA Max 258

without a doubt with this number of post the Equinox is in a league of its own in terms of interest to the metal detecting community.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is always a lot of interest in the new toy in town. Comes with the territory. People are trying to figure out if they want one or not.

OP
OP
pulltabfelix

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I figured that out, but why the low stats on the number of posts for AT Pro - does the admin of this forum remove messages from the past over certain periods of time to get more space or something? If that was the case then that could explain why AT Pro a very good selling machine in the past now has low number of messages.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember a year ago when I was ready to shoot myself if I hear Max one more time....now it's Nox....lol!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just look at the number of post for models and brands of metal detectors on this forum as of 5/20/2018

Here are the top number of posts:

Minelab
#1 - Equinox 5,977
#2 - CTX3030 284

and all the rest don't even come close

Garrett
AT Pro 152
ATA Max 258

without a doubt with this number of post the Equinox is in a league of its own in terms of interest to the metal detecting community.

That is because we added model subforums to the forum recently and Equinox is the newest detector out since the model subforums were created.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember a year ago when I was ready to shoot myself if I hear Max one more time....now it's Nox....lol!

You are correct. When the next new new toy comes out, it will change, and there are too many posts about problems with the Equinox, which is boosting the numbers.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
😂😂😂

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nokta impact and kruzer came along after the sub headings. Ironically the Equinox made a bigger impact than the impact. I never really understood the max...rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic...

chub

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nokta impact and kruzer came along after the sub headings. Ironically the Equinox made a bigger impact than the impact. I never really understood the max...rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic...

chub

and adding a spotlight

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have to also remember the At Pro has been out for years and had its day in the limelight. It's still a good detector and sales I assume are good but it's the Equinox right now..

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to also remember the At Pro has been out for years and had its day in the limelight. It's still a good detector and sales I assume are good but it's the Equinox right now..
The AT pro was huge when it first came out. Still has a big following. I had planned on getting one but backed out because of the poor saltwater reviews.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread