Intoxicated driver does ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ jump over West Michigan freeway bridge, police say

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALLEGAN COUNTY, MI January 13, 2022 on US-131 at the Dorr exit, 142nd Ave.driver missed both the highway and the exit ramp and jumped the overpass via the grassy hill, clearing both guardrails and crashing on the other side of the overpass. Included is the security camera footage from the nearby gas station and a drive-by of the scene, with the edited county dispatch audio as well

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALLEGAN COUNTY, MI January 13, 2022 on US-131 at the Dorr exit, 142nd Ave.driver missed both the highway and the exit ramp and jumped the overpass via the grassy hill, clearing both guardrails and crashing on the other side of the overpass. Included is the security camera footage from the nearby gas station and a drive-by of the scene, with the edited county dispatch audio as well

Proof that somewhere in America,every 30 seconds,stupidity strikes! Thanks jeff!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may have experienced liftoff once .
there used to be a bridge here on a long straight-away that was like a hump.
I probably hit it at about 70 / 80 and it sounded like I hit the ground as I landed .
if course I Can't say if the tires also left the ground or just the cars Body & Mine.
I just know I shook some of the rust off and only had time to finish swearing at myself after. even though
I saw it coming a fraction of a second before. that one syllable word rhymes with hit was longer then my flight time :tongue3:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They stated intoxicated, but I wonder to what extent the injuries were from the landing. Then again being drunk enough is a lifesaver in a crash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions