Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ohhh now you tell me !! some financial advisor you are

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
With due respect to all, this isn't "investing." It is "speculating."

There is quite a difference.

Regarding any investment (or speculation, for that matter) - if you have to ask how it works, it probably isn't a good place for you to put your money.

You can buy millions of pre-World War II German marks from that nation's hyperinflation period. Postage stamps with a "face value" of tens if not hundreds of thousands of marks. What are they worth today? You can look 'em up.

As for Donald Trump - if he put his money into it, I'm taking mine out.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

eric91m

Oct 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This isn't a new concept. When I was in Iraq (did 4 tours) there were thousands of people buying IQD for the thought it might get big.

Alot of the people didn't realize how long term the investment would be. Myself, I'm holding about 50mil in IQD. Keep in mind I only purchased about 1mil while i was there and the rest off the other soldiers who didn't budget and needed quick cash selling it for pennies on the dollar (worth about 1200:1 at the time I bought most of mine at about 8000:1-20000:1.)

For now it just sits in the closet filling a foot locker, it'll probably be years before anything is worth even looking at but if it ever does it'll be well worth the wasted space.

Last edited:

andyfreeze

Greenie
Nov 29, 2013
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista Gold, White's MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't buy a single dinar. I know several people who have bought thousands of dollars worth of them. However, what you choose to throw away is your own business. If worse comes to worse, you can always take them Dinars to Iraq for that vacation of a lifetime., however short that may be over there!! You could live like a millionaire for two or three days!!

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
eric91m:

Four tours!

My thanks to you for your service!

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread