✅ SOLVED Iron hook whatsit?

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Hi fellow TNETers.
I bought a bag full of old brass and iron scrap keys, bolts, locks etc. and among these I found this rusty iron hook with an embossed ''PATD 1808'' on it, this is not helpfull as I have no idea where to check for that but I'm really curious what this was for as a simple clothes' hook would not be a a patented item, right?
The thing is about 2 inches long (6,5cm) and it has a hole at it's foot, inside an angular cavity. The other protrusion opposite the hook, looks like there could have been a second hook there that broke off at some point(?)....
Any ideas?

Attachments

• hook1.jpg
    hook1.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 63
  • hook2.jpg
    hook2.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 36
  • hook3.jpg
    hook3.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 36

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked it here better when the pics are bigger than a match book , living in the boondocks the internet is not fond of opening pics. but I did wait for it to load and you are right , no hole for a pole.

Upvote 2

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked it here better when the pics are bigger than a match book , living in the boondocks the internet is not fond of opening pics. but I did wait for it to load and you are right , no hole for a pole.

well in your defense it is very very hard to see from the ops pictures... they are not very clear etc.

No offense OP... heh

Upvote 1

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The PAT date is what clued me in this direction of a hall tree hook or the likes.

Here is an example...

antique-1908-5-wide-victorian-coat_1_011fa5c143bf27c0da2aaa04bf38453a.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 1
OP
OP
yaxthri

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Hahaha sorry my kid disabled the Ipad so the pics were taken via mobile phone...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
yaxthri

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
ARC thanks for the hint, this looks pretty plausible, I will check into that direction.
Thanx all for the input.

Happy hunting

Reactions: ARC
Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread