iron iron everywhere

Pepper06

May 9, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everybody, had a good day sunday, went to an 1880's home site. Didn't come up with any coins or silver but I sure dug a bunch of iron. I enden up with 6 horseshoes, 3 ax heads, 2 hammer heads and 2 sad irons. Them were my first sad irons that I've found, so I was pretty excited. Sorry that I don't have any pictures, I haven't gotten into the digital scene yet. hh

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
how bout them colts? bleh

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your iron finds Pepper. I get excited about the old stuff too. Question tho... Do the sad irons go to the Mrs like the jewelry does :laughing7: ?

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how bout them colts? bleh
LOL You are killing me Mr jeff-gordon...If that team had any cents they would try their best to get Etling from LSU. BTW Steelers fan here.

OP
OP
P

Pepper06

May 9, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good one Dave, but the mrs. left about 3 years ago. It sucked for a while, but it's really good now. Bought the detector shortly after she left and now she wants to go detecting with me. Crazy woman, doesn't understand that it don't work that way. Go big Ben

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My apologies Pepper. I try not to get into peoples personal business here on the net. Glad to hear it's good for you now. Best of luck in your future hunts.

ken135

Sep 24, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
F75LTD, G2+, Tesoro Mojave & Bandido 2 micro-max, Deep Tech GG & X
Primary Interest:
Other
Pepper - go back over the iron area with a smaller coil, if you have one. Front yard area are usually good areas, as well.

OP
OP
P

Pepper06

May 9, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ken, thanks for the advice. This is one of them home sites that I love to detect. It's in the middle of a corn field and the road that the house set on is also gone. I like to try and picture what these places looked like 120 years ago. One thing for sure, there are no pull tabs to be found on these old sites.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Those items are great indicators of possible really great finds. There could of been a tool shed in the area which meant a lot of traffic. Keep working that spot and go slow, it will pay off!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ken, thanks for the advice. This is one of them home sites that I love to detect. It's in the middle of a corn field and the road that the house set on is also gone. I like to try and picture what these places looked like 120 years ago. One thing for sure, there are no pull tabs to be found on these old sites.

no pull tabs? must have been quakers

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL You are killing me Mr jeff-gordon...If that team had any cents they would try their best to get Etling from LSU. BTW Steelers fan here.

they need better coaches before they get any other quarterbacks hurt

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they need better coaches before they get any other quarterbacks hurt

They have the QB, what they NEED is a OFF line!!!!!! And coaches also.....

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

YOU DISGUST ME!!!! lol

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to think the same thing Pepper. House site in the middle of a bean field this year. 1800's atlas. Top right corner....:BangHead:
IMG_20171111_184452.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions