pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I switched to the Deus Ml-6 from the carrot.
Well just because of the wireless capabilities-can tune the sensitivity level by looking at the screen.
Never look at the screen to pinpoint though.
I like the silent feature just hearing through the headphones.
Nothing wrong with the carrot it's just I prefer not letting the world know I'm digging out a target.
(Kind of strange as I don't hunt public areas.:laughing7:) Maybe it's just that I don't like disturbing the squirrels.:dontknow:
The sensitivity on the Ml-6 is finer than the carrot as it will go so high that it'll start false on the mineralized soils. (45-50 range)
I keep the carrot in the truck for a back up-or looking for nails in the reclaimed wood.

The Minelab Propointer 35 is an useless basically I have found and what others have stated borrowing it.

OP
OP
M

ManInTheWaLL

Apr 17, 2022
I switched to the Deus Ml-6 from the carrot.
Well just because of the wireless capabilities-can tune the sensitivity level by looking at the screen.
Never look at the screen to pinpoint though.
I like the silent feature just hearing through the headphones.
Nothing wrong with the carrot it's just I prefer not letting the world know I'm digging out a target.
(Kind of strange as I don't hunt public areas.:laughing7:) Maybe it's just that I don't like disturbing the squirrels.:dontknow:
The sensitivity on the Ml-6 is finer than the carrot as it will go so high that it'll start false on the mineralized soils. (45-50 range)
I keep the carrot in the truck for a back up-or looking for nails in the reclaimed wood.

The Minelab Propointer 35 is an useless basically I have found and what others have stated borrowing it.
The carrot has a silent vibrating feature.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The carrot has a silent vibrating feature.
Ya I know, but I still like hearing the beep privately. (Just me-I don't like the beeping it to the world)
Goes back to the first days of first headphones-used the stereo phones out detecting.
Previous it was like every time the machine sounded off it would attract every ear around.
Then once the headphones were plugged in-it cut the attention down 90%
So after 50 yrs of doing the silent mode.........

Waynea

Apr 24, 2022
Excluding the ability to connect to your wireless headphones, Is any pointer better than the Carrot??
I have the Teknetics Tek-Point. Got is because it uses PI. Never used the Garrett so I don’t have anything to compare. I’m happy with with Teknetics unit. Having actually worked for Garrett Electronics for 4 years before the carrot was released, I can tell you their quality was always outstanding though

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can find a Whites TRX buy it. They out shine the Garrett 10 to 1 because of the Garrett broad up the shaft sensing. A pinpointer is suppose to be just that and the tip only gets the job done where the up the shaft has still a broad area to search.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I am basically a pinpointer junkie myself. After all these years I have settled on carrying two pointers, the Whites TRX and the Fisher F-Pulse. Like the TEK Pulse, the F-Pulse is a PI pinpointer. My old Carrot was very good but the PI pointers rock in detection depth. I sold my Carrot for $50 to a buddy getting into the hobby. Everybody was happy.

The TRX would slow me down if it was the only PPr I carried. That small flashlight, tip only detection would frustrate me over time. jm2c

OP
OP
M

ManInTheWaLL

Apr 17, 2022
I am basically a pinpointer junkie myself. After all these years I have settled on carrying two pointers, the Whites TRX and the Fisher F-Pulse. Like the TEK Pulse, the F-Pulse is a PI pinpointer. My old Carrot was very good but the PI pointers rock in detection depth. I sold my Carrot for $50 to a buddy getting into the hobby. Everybody was happy.

The TRX would slow me down if it was the only PPr I carried. That small flashlight, tip only detection would frustrate me over time. jm2c
Whats PI mean? And Ppr

OP
OP
M

ManInTheWaLL

Apr 17, 2022

Whats the benefit / negatives of the WHITES TRX vs the Fisher F-Pulse?

Does the whites go deeper? is it a lot more accurate of a pin point?

Waynea

Apr 24, 2022

The PI pinpointers are less affected by ground mineralization, and seem to have better detection range compared to VLF units like the Garrett

OP
OP
M

ManInTheWaLL

Apr 17, 2022
The PI pinpointers are less affected by ground mineralization, and seem to have better detection range compared to VLF units like the Garrett
I can get a fisher f-pulse for $129

What makes those whites so special, they are getting $400 out of used ones!

detectorguy

Jan 10, 2013
Sacramento Ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Xp
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I switched from a Garrett Carrot to a MI6 pin-pointer and love it. But if I am on in a competition hunt I use the Garrett Carrot because I can leave in on most f the hunt and there are No delays waiting for theMI8 pin pointer to reset from the head phones to the coil.
Most of my hunts are done with the MI6 as I feel that it is a better pin pointer for my hunting with the XP deus1.

CPT_GhostLight

Greenie
Jul 21, 2021
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, & ProFind 35, Whites Prizm 6T, Fisher Gold Bug 2 & F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have and carry them both. The F-Pulse goes deeper and the White's TRX can hit tiny objects that the F-Pulse can miss.

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m not sure the Carrot would make my top 5 anymore. I have 2 Bullseye TRXs and find them to be the deepest and most accurate. I have a Tek-Point which runs a close second, but has a better flashlight and tends to run a little more stable at high sensitivity. I have an Mi-6 that I’m just now learning. I also have a Pulse Dive that I love because of its integration and also its conversion to a diving rig. I’m also very curious about the new Quest X-pointer Max. It looks like a higher tech Tek-Point.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread