Is anyone selling Ws?

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I've accumulated quite a few West Point quarters, including two new ones this morning. After thousands of Salt River Bay and hundreds of Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller I snagged a W of each. Please don't lecture me about trying to sell on TNet because I'm not a charter member; the point of my post is to find out if any of our members have been able to sell Ws anywhere. I am not soliciting or anything of the sort, just gathering information; I say this because the last time I asked something similar (you know, in order to learn) I was chastised for it. I did a $1000 bag this morning and got five W and two silver Washingtons.

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check ebay. That is the best "price guide" in existence.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get aboooot $9 on Ebay. just shipped a Weir for $9.50.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I've sold hundreds over the past 2 years. I had to pull my listings as I've sold too much in number of transactions and total sales for the year. I don't want to exceed the threshold where I have to pay taxes on my sales. I've saved the best of the best and will be submitting them for grading assuming FUN is still scheduled in January so that I can get the show discount. In January, I'll be selling again as the calendar year tolls for transactions that are considered non-taxable. In the meantime, I have a couple grand of treasure coins consigned with Sedwick (Nov. 17) that will tide me over.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I sold mine to a local coin store. He gave me 30 silver dimes for 6 "W" quarters. That is $53 melt value, he is selling dimes for $2.20 each. for each quarter I got 5 silver dimes. So I got $8.83 for silver at melt value (his cost), if I wanted to buy the 5 dimes I would have had to pay $11.00 for the 5 dimes so I am happy. Saves me the hassle of selling on the bay.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think $10 is about average for them. I had some in 2019 but haven't tried this year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread