Is it true there is gold in the sea(not treasure ship stuff natural)

OP
OP
S

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll try and find out what plant was used. The report was in Treasure Hunting magazine (I think) well before motion machines came out which narrows it down to about 300 magazines but I'll have a dig through.

OP
OP
S

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
U.K. Brian said:
I'll try and find out what plant was used. The report was in Treasure Hunting magazine (I think) well before motion machines came out which narrows it down to about 300 magazines but I'll have a dig through.
many thanks

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Ascholten said:
well if the dense gold would just drop out of the water (obviously someone doesn't know much about dissolved metals in solution).... then it would all be sitting on the ocean floor by now just waiting for someone to sweep it up...

Aaron

This, is correct.
There are certain and specific areas on the ocean floor at great depths where concentrations of minerals have, in fact, been discovered.
A close relative of mine was at the heart of exploratory efforts by a major US mining concern to develop those deposits which did contain a significant amount of Au.
The mineral concentrations kinda clump together and are called a nodule. I've had one in my hand.
The process developed did, more or less, sweep and vacuum the nodules from the ocean floor.

The corporation conducting research did not proceed with the process, which could have been profitable, because international law, as determined by political committees within the UN, was not favorable and would not clearly support the integrity of mining claims beneath the high seas in international waters.
Basically, the UN decided undersea wealth, not within territorial waters of any specific country, belonged to all populations of the earth, even landlocked countries, far from any sea.
Therefore, even those distant lands could have a legal claim against what may be recovered.

Obviously, there's good law, and bad law.

Without protection of law, the US corporation would not be able to count upon our gubment to protect their right to claims and once activity was noticed in an area, it would become subject to claim jumpers.

All information regarding the project, including prospecting data developed at great expense has been put on the shelf until such time as law comes about to allow secure profit by a commercial entity.

Until that time, all mankind shall go without the benefit.

So, answer to the question is, yes.
There is gold in seawater.
Every mineral upon the planet is in seawater, in varying concentrations.
Some places it has concentrated more than others.
Presently, it would not be economical to recover.

R M P T R

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, there is. Bering Sea Gold is a good example. Shawn Pomrenke and the Chrisine Rose digs it out by the millions.

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia
Hey Ping,

It's not the type of gold you're thinking about. Well......it is and it isn't.

You can buy a gold plating kit. This includes an electrolyte that contains gold in suspension. When you hang a metal object in the electrolyte, and put a positive current through it while putting a negative current into the solution, the gold molecules gather on the hanging metal object (I may have the nodes reversed, but you get the idea). That covers the object with a thin layer of gold.

That same type of gold is suspended in most all water on the Earth. All those scam machines sound convincing, but the cost of recovering one ounce of gold from seawater is many times what you could buy it for (as far as I know). If anybody knows of any equipment that actually works, please let me know. Me and the rest of the world would like to pick this equipment up.

Best-Mike
Hello...Just came across this.Hey,how about Salt Ponds?...

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flour gold(smaller than a pin head) Floats on top of water .As seen in this highly magnified pix. of about 200 pieces.
005.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread