Is nobody using their Tesoro lately?

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a mint condition Compadre recently and found a silver mood ring on the outer edge of a tot lot first time out.
277161100_10220246126879649_8362840520933124619_n.jpg

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have my Tiger Shark and it still works. But with the Legend now that is land and water, I am not sure it will get used again.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use my Tesoro ALL the time!! When I'm asked what machine I'm using, I'll say Tesoro Cibola and they never publish it. They use all the other machine brand names though....Oh well. I love the simplicity and I've dug tons of stuff with my Tesoro. Love it.
My Cibola has a great discriminator…!

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
I still swing my Silver Umax. I mainly use 6" DD, and 6" concentric coils for it (I rarely use the stock coil).

My Compadre with the 6" (5.75) coil I mainly use as a loaner.

I just recently added volume control to both of them.

I recently found 13 silvers (mostly mercs a couple rosies with the Silver) in a drained lake beach area. They were amongst pounds of nail/screws from dock work since the 1930s.

They are tot lot killers, and love the small low conducters. They get the gold.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I sold my Gold Demon and Lobo Super Traq. I had every delta coil that Tesoro made, I kept four and included the rest in the deal I made with the guy that bought my LST. I kept my Tejon because I think that it's still very relevant, useful, and fun to use. The 5.75" DD is great in trashy areas, and the Nel Thunder is deep in the clean ground. If there's any black sand mineralization at all the Tejon is almost unusable, which is why I mainly use it in parks and curb strips.

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
I sold my Gold Demon and Lobo Super Traq. I had every delta coil that Tesoro made, I kept four and included the rest in the deal I made with the guy that bought my LST. I kept my Tejon because I think that it's still very relevant, useful, and fun to use. The 5.75" DD is great in trashy areas, and the Nel Thunder is deep in the clean ground. If there's any black sand mineralization at all the Tejon is almost unusable, which is why I mainly use it in parks and curb strips.

Been looking for a Tesoro 5 3/4 DD, either Epsilon or Delta coil to round out my Tesoro outfit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread