Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Beaches change twice a day with the tides. The degree of change depends on weather, winds and waves. For best results, ya gotta hit it when conditions are right. If you don't take time to read the beach and insist on bucking the beach conditions, you're wasting your time unless all you're interested in are very recent drops.
Storms are a beach hunters best friend as you've seen Calabash!
Another good job my friend....:icon_thumright:

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video. What I call the "wash" area or where the waves rush over the sand is the most important area during the summer months. Did I get it right on your video that you are using the Dive program instead of Beach or Beach Sens in this wash area? It looks like the max frequency on the Dive program is 14kHz, which is a bit disappointing if its the only program to avoid chirp in the wash. There has got to be a way to use the Beach program without chirp in the wet sand low tideline area where waves rush over? The Equinox performs flawlessly in this area on Beach 2 program which uses the higher frequencies. Now out in the water, the tiny little things are not much concern. I can see using the Dive program if necessary. Can't wait to get the machine to do some testing!

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video. What I call the "wash" area or where the waves rush over the sand is the most important area during the summer months. Did I get it right on your video that you are using the Dive program instead of Beach or Beach Sens in this wash area? It looks like the max frequency on the Dive program is 14kHz, which is a bit disappointing if its the only program to avoid chirp in the wash. There has got to be a way to use the Beach program without chirp in the wet sand low tideline area where waves rush over? The Equinox performs flawlessly in this area on Beach 2 program which uses the higher frequencies. Now out in the water, the tiny little things are not much concern. I can see using the Dive program if necessary. Can't wait to get the machine to do some testing!
I am using beach sens in all my hunting...The guy from down under took it diving in the salt water in beach program ...he adjusted it to run stable.

Tasmorn

Jun 9, 2013
Laplace, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Nox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a nox 800 and have found many good items but you made my mind up. I have ordered one so the wait it on. I would really like to thank you for what you are doing, great job. I do have a question to do wade detecting do you still need to attach the anttenna? I live near New Orleans and cannot wait to redo some spots. Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes