Is the Deus II the deepest detector on gold in the wet salt sand? EXCALIBUR?EQUINOX?

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I talked to Carter Pennington of Detector Pro about this very topic today on the phone. He gave me permission to share his findings on the test he did with the Deus II and Excall....
I want to know the facts not opinions on these two detectors in the wet salt sand....Which is deeper on Gold?
Please feel free to post your head to head videos of the Deus II and Excalibur on GOLD....

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video. I did a serious rear whooping over some machines at the beach earlier this week. I had a pouch full of coins and sinkers, the other guys had maybe 1 item each.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice video. I did a serious rear whooping over some machines at the beach earlier this week. I had a pouch full of coins and sinkers, the other guys had maybe 1 item each.
We will have to get lined up Smokey and put that D2 to the test.... Once the water gets warm you have to come over for some water hunting. I just got the all clear for my health so it's going to be a great summer of water fun.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's good to hear OBN..I can't wait to see what you come up with on the gold...OBN shows XP DEUS II VS Modified Excall on average size gold in the salt water....Which is deeper? Which is lighter? Which has a 5 year warranty? Which has a I D ?
Really I can't wait to see what you come up with..
Will the Excall be put in the corner and kept as a back up?

FerrousBueller

Tenderfoot
Sep 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We will have to get lined up Smokey and put that D2 to the test.... Once the water gets warm you have to come over for some water hunting. I just got the all clear for my health so it's going to be a great summer of water fun.
You should come over to Cape St. Claire beach this weekend, I got the D2 9" and cameras ready and the next 4 days off.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
You should come over to Cape St. Claire beach this weekend, I got the D2 9" and cameras ready and the next 4 days off.
PM sent.. Think I'm free Sunday.. Can you handle the water right now, water temps about 66F...lowtide between 1 n 2pm. Winds look good for that area. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait to see the video of the two detectors in a honest professional beach hunters hands..I think Carter is going to do one too...The truth will be out in the beach community soon.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is the Cape St. Claire beach? Been fighting with truck all afternoon. Found problem but I have a screw loose...but you all knew that.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Where is the Cape St. Claire beach? Been fighting with truck all afternoon. Found problem but I have a screw loose...but you all knew that.
Cape St Claire is a small community beach just north of Sandy Point.

Water maybe to cold for you and FerriousB (67F) but we can get in a few wetsand test possibly. Excalibur should be able to hang close to the D2, but I'm more interested in how it does in the salt water where the excalibur does do much better and all of my hunting is done. No doubt the excalibur is weak on chains and small gold but does do very well with the big deep gold. I'll bring the "AQ" also for that will be what I'll be using to hunt with that day. That beach gets hammer by several locals so I'll be looking for stuff they can't hear.

Maybe you and I can hook up once the waters hit the high 70, that will be July Aug and mid Sept. Plenty of time to enjoy the summer waters.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't wait to see the video of the two detectors in a honest professional beach hunters hands..I think Carter is going to do one too...The truth will be out in the beach community soon.
Thank You!... Unfortunately, we did not find a area where all of us could get lined up for some testing. I'm sure this summer it will happen.

I did come across a video by a D2 hunter on silver so I wanted to see how "my" Excalibur" faired out of curiosity in a Airtest compared. Seems like the hunter in the video is fairly experienced with the D2. I do think my Excaliburs can hang with the D2 on the Larger gold.. smaller (3 grams down?) n micro.. no.
Should be interesting summer,.... two friends have D2's now, one is a 9 and the other a 11 inch.

AQ is weak on Silver.. which was interesting, got all this on video also.
20220604_014313.thumb.jpg.6228597b1db1c80cbe19874bee95cb3d.jpg

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EXCAL is plenty deep on Silver..I have shown that in my videos ..Smacks deep silver in my garden like no tomorrow...That high freq on the Deus II is what gives it the edge over the Excall on the Gold in the wet salt sand...I wish I would have had a honker gold ring to put at extreme depth in the wet sand to test the Deus II and Excall over....Smaller gold ring about the size of a dime the Deus II had 2 to 4 inches advantage 11 inch coil va 13 inch coil on Excall....The high Freq of the Deus II is driving this IMO
What was the DEUS II being ran in that gave these results on the Silver?

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is how you get Extreme depth on Silver with the Deus II on land...

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Once I get back to hunting regularly I'll have to get my friend Chris and Tommy B to do a beach compare on gold, I'll bring 4 gold.. a 1 gram, 5 gram, 10 gram and 17 gram. Honestly, I can't wait to see how each does, for all the work I have to do to get the excal as deep, you can buy a stock D2 and do the same. Seen 4 D2's for sale in the last week, two were going for 1200.00 which was very tempting...

I'm not sure what the D2 was set at other than Deep HC program, I think he maybe someone you know.
Southern Relic Adventures

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a good friend of mine..

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
This is how you get Extreme depth on Silver with the Deus II on land...

Interesting video, Thanks for sharing. Our hunting styles are totally different due to location, maybe someday we can meet and share ideas.

And I seen your latest video, And I agree with you about youtube, best keeping life simple and for me, I do video's for myself to learn and answer questions I have. Rarely sharing them.... . Take care of yourself and enjoy life.. And Family.

FerrousBueller

Tenderfoot
Sep 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once I get back to hunting regularly I'll have to get my friend Chris and Tommy B to do a beach compare on gold, I'll bring 4 gold.. a 1 gram, 5 gram, 10 gram and 17 gram. Honestly, I can't wait to see how each does, for all the work I have to do to get the excal as deep, you can buy a stock D2 and do the same. Seen 4 D2's for sale in the last week, two were going for 1200.00 which was very tempting...

I'm not sure what the D2 was set at other than Deep HC program, I think he maybe someone you know.
Southern Relic Adventures
I'm on vacation from July 1st to July 10th, all local just to get away from work. We should line something up.

Reactions: OBN

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be interested which machine is deepest on gold when it is set up in a stable smooth threshold condition and hunting in the wild. Don't just stand over a buried target and keep tweaking buttons, regardless of stability, till you get a hit, that is not real world hunting on a beach.

Reactions: OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I would be interested which machine is deepest on gold when it is set up in a stable smooth threshold condition and hunting in the wild. Don't just stand over a buried target and keep tweaking buttons, regardless of stability, till you get a hit, that is not real world hunting on a beach.
Stock verses stock I think the D2 is the better opp, now as far as in the saltwater, I'm not sure but will keep this post updated over time. Eventually I will be getting one and that will make all easier..
I'm on vacation from July 1st to July 10th, all local just to get away from work. We should line something up.
Yes, No doubt. TB and I are going to Fairview Sunday around 12 and your more than welcome. Water looks better Monday and Tuesday and I have a empty car seat if you want.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread