Is There Any Evidence that the Lost Dutchman Mine really exists?

torie517

Jul 11, 2015
big heart mountain
Detector(s) used
Do not
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK so your ranch is near middle march road Arizona don't worry I am here all ready found one Peralta mine. just yesterday I found a hand chiseled mine that goes 1/4 mile back that you could take a ox cart in .and cart marks in mine location first road going to tombstone an the first right of middle march road forestry says no off road as you get to the road going past my camp site .and you know I need no help.and all are welcome... plenty of gold here.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK so your ranch is near middle march road Arizona don't worry I am here all ready found one Peralta mine. just yesterday I found a hand chiseled mine that goes 1/4 mile back that you could take a ox cart in .and cart marks in mine location first road going to tombstone an the first right of middle march road forestry says no off road as you get to the road going past my camp site .and you know I need no help.and all are welcome... plenty of gold here.

So , show us your gold ore . And a picture of the vein .

hooch

Banned
Aug 4, 2008
Ahwatukee
All I can say is I am finding Spanish mines on middle march road AZ. THERE IS ALL THE EVIDENCE.

SPTimmy.jpg

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just goes to show that while you MAY have found a mine, you DIDN'T find a Spanish Mine. You could RARELY drive an Oxcart into a Spanish Mine as the entrances were very small so as to make them harder to spot and easier to hide;

P1000257.jpg

The Spanish could only work mines from early Fall until late Spring. Everything had to be hidden during part of the year when they would be back down in Mexico. Any Spanish Mines in the Supers would have very small openings, as they were not guarded year round.

Mike

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gully: I might dd that they only worked as much as they literally had to since they used very crude methods to mine wth, with no thought of worker security or comfort, and could only go down as far as hot air ventilation would work.

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Just goes to show that while you MAY have found a mine, you DIDN'T find a Spanish Mine. You could RARELY drive an Oxcart into a Spanish Mine as the entrances were very small so as to make them harder to spot and easier to hide;

View attachment 1190925

The Spanish could only work mines from early Fall until late Spring. Everything had to be hidden during part of the year when they would be back down in Mexico. Any Spanish Mines in the Supers would have very small openings, as they were not guarded year round.

Mike

another reason the opening is small on Spanish mines ...they used slave labor to work the mines and in case of a revolt once the slaves were in the mine they couldn't all pile out of the mine at once...so only one at a time could exit the mine and then on their hands and knees...makes it easier for the tyrants to control the slaves

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Takes a little time to reload a cap and ball revolver.
Trust me on this.

KXMember

Dec 19, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
OKM
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1190925

Mike

Wow! Complete assumption. Spanish had mines and reoccupied mines as big as football fields if not bigger.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to clear the entrance to this one just to take the photo. It's shaped like a small church door and you can't stand up in it. It so well hidden that they had made a nice stone retaining wall on either side just for erosion purposes. No timber was used and it's very unsafe. The road or cart trail leading to this was covered over during the off season and reopened in fall. You can see parts of the road they left uncovered and the only way I knew it was there was the small rock bridge they built just big enough for a burro or small cart but the rest of the skinny road was buried I assume by the Spanish or Indian Slaves.

View attachment 1191579

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres one with what is sometimes called a jesuit #7 and laughing devil,trust me,you dont want to go in that way. i found the plug up over on the other side,it still needs dug out. i believe it was originally a ancient mine, makes for a nice storage vault. View attachment 1191637

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Complete assumption. Spanish had mines and reoccupied mines as big as football fields if not bigger.

KXMember,

Your complete lack of knowledge regarding Spanish Mining Techniques is amazing! Maybe you should do a little more reading and wear out a little more boot leather before making statements on a public forum. People that know better will call you out.

Mike

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
KXMember,

Your complete lack of knowledge regarding Spanish Mining Techniques is amazing! Maybe you should do a little more reading and wear out a little more boot leather before making statements on a public forum. People that know better will call you out.

Mike

maybe when he gets rich off the lost dutchman mine..the jesuits treasure and all the other mines and treasures he has found he can afford some boots

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe when he gets rich off the lost dutchman mine..the jesuits treasure and all the other mines and treasures he has found he can afford some boots

HAHAHA

Yeah, in true armchair treasure hunter fashion, a stranger pops up on an internet treasure hunting forum, makes a bunch of extraordinary claims without providing an ounce of proof. SURE BUDDY! We believe ya! (WINK WINK)

Mike

KXMember

Dec 19, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
OKM
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KXMember,

Mike

You should be looking in the mirror with that statement...you only think you know a lot about Spanish mining. They were amazing at what they did, as well as the ancients before them. I've never made claims...rather, facts. Enjoy the long road...lots of sites to see and places to get dirty.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
You should be looking in the mirror with that statement...you only think you know a lot about Spanish mining. They were amazing at what they did, as well as the ancients before them. I've never made claims...rather, facts. Enjoy the long road...lots of sites to see and places to get dirty.

You've made plenty of claims, and as far as I'm aware, have yet to post proof of anything.

For example, you often use the term "Spanish/Jesuit mining" or "Spanish/Jesuit" this or that, without understanding that the Jesuits never worked extensively with the Spaniards (never mind collaborating on a mine), and in fact were frequently clashing with the Spaniards.

hooch

Banned
Aug 4, 2008
Ahwatukee
Pics or GTFO

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there KX, I enjoy reading your thoughts on the subject. I also believe there where others here mining long before the Spanish. The Aztecs and other's got there metals from some where. I have also seen the massive carvings and shadows in the the mountains. Some have tried to Flame Bill R on that subject matter,I have enjoyed reading his thoughts on that subject. I hope you keep posting.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Hang in there KX, I enjoy reading your thoughts on the subject. I also believe there where others here mining long before the Spanish. The Aztecs and other's got there metals from some where. I have also seen the massive carvings and shadows in the the mountains. Some have tried to Flame Bill R on that subject matter,I have enjoyed reading his thoughts on that subject. I hope you keep posting.

Dog,

The Aztecs got much of their metal to the south of Mexico. It's unlikely they traveled as far north as Arizona to mine.

Bill is simply reaping the rewards of his life before Tnet. Some memories are longer than others.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Aztec were known to have traded far to the North of Tenochtitlan. I believe if you look into some Blue Seashells the Aztecs used for adornment came from (if I am not mistaken) deep in the US. Some finds also defy explanation. Like what is left of this (what looks like) an Aztec Cat Monument:

Aztec Cat.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions