Is There Any Evidence that the Lost Dutchman Mine really exists?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
The Aztec were known to have traded far to the North of Tenochtitlan. I believe if you look into some Blue Seashells the Aztecs used for adornment came from (if I am not mistaken) deep in the US. Some finds also defy explanation. Like what is left of this (what looks like) an Aztec Cat Monument:

View attachment 1192071

Mike,

Big difference between Aztec trading and Aztec mining. Metalworking came into western Mexico first. It came to the Aztec from, for one, by way of the Tarascans who were enemies of the Aztec. Although metalworking (copper and Bronze) was used in large portions of Mexico, it was not adopted by the Aztec in the Valley of Mexico until a few hundred years before the Spanish arrived.

That would seem to negate extensive mining by the Aztec, especially as far away from the Valley of Mexico as Arizona. On the other hand, I do believe the Aztec conducted trade far into North and South America. Metal was one of the tributes paid by those peoples conquered by the Aztec.

One of my sources is "The Aztec" by Michael E. Smith.

Take care,

Joe

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Aztec were known to have traded far to the North of Tenochtitlan. I believe if you look into some Blue Seashells the Aztecs used for adornment came from (if I am not mistaken) deep in the US. Some finds also defy explanation. Like what is left of this (what looks like) an Aztec Cat Monument:

View attachment 1192071

Nice. Here's one that uses the whole top of ______ Peak, in NM. Not man-made, IMO, but a striking sight nonetheless. There's some very intriguing "Mexican" petroglyphs in the canyons below.

Jaguar3.JPG

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Mike,

Big difference between Aztec trading and Aztec mining. Metalworking came into western Mexico first. It came to the Aztec from, for one, by way of the Tarascans who were enemies of the Aztec. Although metalworking (copper and Bronze) was used in large portions of Mexico, it was not adopted by the Aztec in the Valley of Mexico until a few hundred years before the Spanish arrived.

That would seem to negate extensive mining by the Aztec, especially as far away from the Valley of Mexico as Arizona. On the other hand, I do believe the Aztec conducted trade far into North and South America. Metal was one of the tributes paid by those peoples conquered by the Aztec.

One of my sources is "The Aztec" by Michael E. Smith.

Take care,

Joe

The Aztecs, as you are using the word, were not composed of one distinct group of people. Groups merged, conquered people assimilated and distant trade routes continually introduced new blood and ideas into the population.

Trade routs connecting the people of Central and North American existed long before the "Aztec" came to power. And it continued during their reign right up to the time of the European invasion, and to some degree after. Spiro in Oklahoma is the perfect example. From that site.

KXMember

Dec 19, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
OKM
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They all smelted their own metals out of local materials wherever they were. I've posted evidence of everything I've claimed throughout this site. Quit being lazy people and go research...even if that research is on me or other names provided throughout this thread/site. Thanks Dog! There are a handful of guys on this site that really have a grip on a more true perception of this history...the rest are ego driven and/or close minded to a fault.
Read the book De Rey Metallica and you'll get a quick detailed education in how all these ancients mined.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once Again KX,

I have both digital and hard copies of De Re Metallica by Georgius Agricola.

You have made a lot of claims with absolutely zero substantiation. Just another one of the many "claimers" to come here and do the exact same thing. Then wonder why nobody has any belief in what you "claim."

You have a couple of real choices when you post online:

1. Be a lurker. Never post and just read what everybody else does.

2. Come here with a little humility. You have been doing this for about ten minutes. Many of us here, have been doing this for tens and dozens of years.

3. Come here. Join the conversation without making any claims. Establish your credentials a little more. If you are going to make claims with pictures and evidence, you don't need to establish anything. If you are going to make extraordinary claims with ZERO evidence, then you had better have established yourself as someone whose word can be trusted. Other than that, you are just another "claimer".

4. Come here making great claims, and back up all those claims with a little thing all the kids are doing today called "E-V-I-D-E-N-C-E".

5. Come here doing just what you are currently doing! Nobody with any real knowledge will have any respect for you or your theories.

Good Luck - Mike

hooch

Banned
Aug 4, 2008
Ahwatukee
6. Take picture of Spanish mine with your phone, post it here to back up your claims.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hooch, please keep politics out of thread.....

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KX,

I've found smelters made from simple piled rocks going up at least 8 feet on the top of a ridge I believe for better air flow above an old gold mine with bits and pieces of coarse iron laying around. This supports the fact they did used local materials for making simple tools out of iron ores or black sands which are in abundance all over AZ. Probably gleamed iron from the ore bodies of gold in the form of hematite. This is also supported in De Re Metallica. Metallica supports my theory's about how they mined by trenching along seams of quartz following them for miles and miles thus carving the mountains as they proceded.

They all smelted their own metals out of local materials wherever they were. I've posted evidence of everything I've claimed throughout this site. Quit being lazy people and go research...even if that research is on me or other names provided throughout this thread/site. Thanks Dog! There are a handful of guys on this site that really have a grip on a more true perception of this history...the rest are ego driven and/or close minded to a fault.
Read the book De Rey Metallica and you'll get a quick detailed education in how all these ancients mined.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Funny you should say that. Have you actually read it?

If so, you'd know how to spell the title properly, it's De Re Metallica.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the man:

Georgius_Agricola.jpg

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks KX. Its ok by me if they believe the Spanish did all this stone work. It just gets me more fired up to go out and find something they can see as proof others mined here long before them. Maybe ill go out this weekend,and try to dig up something from the ancient site,or maybe the templar site, i still need to work that one more, or the jesuit sites.

KXMember

Dec 19, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
OKM
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once Again KX,

I have both digital and hard copies of De Re Metallica by Georgius Agricola.

You have made a lot of claims with absolutely zero substantiation. Just another one of the many "claimers" to come here and do the exact same thing. Then wonder why nobody has any belief in what you "claim."

You have a couple of real choices when you post online:

1. Be a lurker. Never post and just read what everybody else does.

2. Come here with a little humility. You have been doing this for about ten minutes. Many of us here, have been doing this for tens and dozens of years.

3. Come here. Join the conversation without making any claims. Establish your credentials a little more. If you are going to make claims with pictures and evidence, you don't need to establish anything. If you are going to make extraordinary claims with ZERO evidence, then you had better have established yourself as someone whose word can be trusted. Other than that, you are just another "claimer".

4. Come here making great claims, and back up all those claims with a little thing all the kids are doing today called "E-V-I-D-E-N-C-E".

5. Come here doing just what you are currently doing! Nobody with any real knowledge will have any respect for you or your theories.

Good Luck - Mike

What's said may not connect with you but will connect with others. I'm curious how often you actually are in the field...doesn't matter. I've stated already that you can find the proof from my earlier threads. I won't overcrowd the site with the same pics and comments. TNET actually has a decent system to track threads. Peace!

Dog...I'd love to see more brother.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm aware how to spell it lol autocorrect is a pain

The word "rey" although meaning "king" in Spanish, doesn't exist in the English language.

No reason for autocorrect to correct to a nonexistent word.

KXMember

Dec 19, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
OKM
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The word "rey" although meaning "king" in Spanish, doesn't exist in the English language.

No reason for autocorrect to correct to a nonexistent word.

You must not have much of a life, being you try your hardest to pull at peoples strings. One of my best friends name is Rey...any wise words?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tend to think it existed, but was discovered, mined, and possibly dynamited shut.

Steven,

Your theory is just as valid as everybody else's, since nobody has OFFICIALLY found The DLM (Dutchman's Lost Mine). I don't agree, but that's what makes life AWESOME!

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread