Is there gold by ringgold ga and chattanooga tn?

Stand Watie

Mar 24, 2012
Greenwood SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know about that area specifically, but there's gold in Cherokee County Alabama. I own some land there and I have found gold on it. So I'm sure there's other places near there that have gold. Unfortunately I don't get to prospect my land very often because it's 5 hours drive from where I live.

But Cherokee County is only about 45 minutes to an hour from Ringgold if I remember right. So you could drive to that area easy enough. And odds are since there's gold that close to Chattanooga there's probably gold closer to you. You just need to get out there and prospect. Gold is where you find it.

Klondike Steve

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2012
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've lived in the Chattanooga area for over 20 years. Recently I've got into recreational gold panning. All of the research that I have done shows very little evidence of auriferous minerals. I've tried local streams to no avail. One or two BS'ers have reported gold but I am doubtful. Basically Gold is found from Coker Creek TN to Villa Rica Georgia in an arc about 100 miles out of Chattanooga.

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
Dont give up hope though , gold is where you find it , and lots of people have found it where its generally thought not to be. If you happened to get lucky and find an area where there was quartz , or some other gold indicator , its possible some gold could turn up too , ya just never know. Even if you happen to just find pyrite , what a lof of people dont know is that many times pyrite actually contains gold and it can be extracted with chemicals or smelting. There are places known to have no "gold" but pyrite may be plentiful.

Last edited:

yankeegirl73

Greenie
May 19, 2012
chattanooga
Detector(s) used
don't have one yet, but I'm looking....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey. I'm a newbie. I have only been in Tenn. for going on 2 years. I hate it here, but love the history and the scenery. When we first moved here we relocated from Michigan to South Pittsburg. Talk about some backwoods! LOL..Anyhoo..our former landlord is like 100 years old and knows everything there is to know about northern georgia, northern alabama and the southern chatt. area. the property we lived is a very historical farml. Like over 5000 acres, and the earliest settlers and rich folks of the area type of historical. Anyhow, it lies on Battle Creek. There is gold, indian artifacts in the cornfields, civil war relics, bottle dumps, ALL of it. I have never "hunted" but our former neighbor was an indian relic hunter and always brought something home. There are also caves, an old family cemetery and old bridge and farmhouses. I love it out there but it was too far from work vs. gas money and I hate snakes and ticks :). Anyone seriously into the hunting would have a FIELD DAY.

two bear

Dec 14, 2013
Smoky Mtns of east Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites metal detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes there is gold in Polk Co. Tn. around the Tn, GA line around Ducktown. Try the Tater branch. Nice nuggets found there.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yankee Girl ...Have you bought a boat yet ? That is where the fun is. Do you miss nice restaurants ? We have anything you want down town.

Rangerdan32

Jul 14, 2022
Hey. I'm a newbie. I have only been in Tenn. for going on 2 years. I hate it here, but love the history and the scenery. When we first moved here we relocated from Michigan to South Pittsburg. Talk about some backwoods! LOL..Anyhoo..our former landlord is like 100 years old and knows everything there is to know about northern georgia, northern alabama and the southern chatt. area. the property we lived is a very historical farml. Like over 5000 acres, and the earliest settlers and rich folks of the area type of historical. Anyhow, it lies on Battle Creek. There is gold, indian artifacts in the cornfields, civil war relics, bottle dumps, ALL of it. I have never "hunted" but our former neighbor was an indian relic hunter and always brought something home. There are also caves, an old family cemetery and old bridge and farmhouses. I love it out there but it was too far from work vs. gas money and I hate snakes and ticks :). Anyone seriously into the hunting would have a FIELD DAY

Hey. I'm a newbie. I have only been in Tenn. for going on 2 years. I hate it here, but love the history and the scenery. When we first moved here we relocated from Michigan to South Pittsburg. Talk about some backwoods! LOL..Anyhoo..our former landlord is like 100 years old and knows everything there is to know about northern georgia, northern alabama and the southern chatt. area. the property we lived is a very historical farml. Like over 5000 acres, and the earliest settlers and rich folks of the area type of historical. Anyhow, it lies on Battle Creek. There is gold, indian artifacts in the cornfields, civil war relics, bottle dumps, ALL of it. I have never "hunted" but our former neighbor was an indian relic hunter and always brought something home. There are also caves, an old family cemetery and old bridge and farmhouses. I love it out there but it was too far from work vs. gas money and I hate snakes and ticks :). Anyone seriously into the hunting would have a FIELD DAY.
Where is this place? I would love to go

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread