IMGP0048.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 229
OP
OP
junkdigger

junkdigger

Sep 15, 2004
clarkston,wa.
Wow!Maybe that civil war veteran came out west wearing his old service coat.Came for the gold I'd guess.Thanks!A fellow that I work with found a Ballard .44 cal.rimfire carbine in a mine shaft while elk hunting one day.The serial number was in the range of one of the state militias during that war.

Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Sweet shape as well. Just curious, is the back intact? Sounds like time to go back for some more good finds. HH and keep swingin'

Upvote 0
OP
OP
junkdigger

junkdigger

Sep 15, 2004
clarkston,wa.
Stoney,I look at most everything everyone posts photos of,and it seems that most copper,brass,and some silver finds from the eastern half of the country get corroded badly.I don't know what the soil is like there,but here copper normally cleans up easily.Silver coins,even 100 years old,come out of the ground just like new(sometimes with a nice patina),unless livestock or game animals urinated where the coin was.The button back looks as good as the front except that the loop is bent flat to the back.I tried for hours to edit the photo of the back to be like the front without success.Can't remember how I got the front photo to come out.I've had a computer only for 7 months,and don't know what I'm doing.But these forums are sure helping me to learn more about MDing and about everyones and my finds.Thank you all!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread