Is this copper ore?

CMD-Digs

Aug 16, 2018
Moncton, NB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure hope so, cause I lugged about 50 lbs of it down a mountain.

If it is, can anyone identify the type of ore, and if it has any value to collectors as is.

Thank you!
1-16-08-2018.jpg
2-16-08-2018.jpg
3-16-08-2018.jpg
4-16-08-2018.jpg
5-16-08-2018.jpg
9-16-08-2018.jpg
6-16-08-2018.jpg
7-16-08-2018.jpg
8-16-08-2018.jpg

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure hope so...
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard GoldenHiker! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

CMD-Digs

Aug 16, 2018
Moncton, NB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard GoldenHiker! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. I'm from Moncton NB, Canada.

But anything on the rocks?

Upvote 0

stdenis_jd

May 7, 2015
West Lower Peninsula, MI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
did you find it near where you're from (NB)?
Sure does look like a copper oxidation zone, maybe tenorite & various copper oxides/carbonates.

Can you do a streak test with the black and green minerals (with the green find the most solid surface)?

Upvote 0

605dano

Nov 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely looks like copper or to me. Azurite or malachite. Fairly common but nice specimens.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sure, let's find the muddiest lake and look into a bottle of whiskey to find out how many Indians there are in Korea.
Short answer: We could guess, but your best bet is an assay.

The reason for that is while maybe a collector is uninterested, a mining company might be curios.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread