It ain't pretty but it's still a Carson City. 1877cc seated dime. Silver Pendent

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Honestly haven't been out much with the rain and my schedule. Managed a few hours the last two Sundays to pick through the junk at two sites that have been productive with commitment... Seated dime was in the wet zone at the same site the trime and Phoenix button were at. Unfortunately it's kind of corroded. But it's not often you dig a Carson City anything. Carson City only minted seated dimes 1871 to 1878.

Pendent was at a park. It's not really old but looks nice at least. Vdi was in copper memori to silver dime range.

Attachments

• Resized_20221204_191644.jpeg
    Resized_20221204_191644.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Resized_20221124_125856(5).jpeg
    Resized_20221124_125856(5).jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 93
  • 20221208_185017.jpg
    20221208_185017.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Upvote 24

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big congrats on the CC Seated Dime !

It's up to you if you decide to clean the Dime or not but ...
Now and then Silver coins do have rust stains, asphalt and other types of corrosion on them.
The best non abrasive way I've found to clean these coins is in a homemade "Electrolysis Bath".
Only removes the crud - won't hurt the coin if your careful not to leave it in to long.

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Honestly haven't been out much with the rain and my schedule. Managed a few hours the last two Sundays to pick through the junk at two sites that have been productive with commitment... Seated dime was in the wet zone at the same site the trime and Phoenix button were at. Unfortunately it's kind of corroded. But it's not often you dig a Carson City anything.

Pendent was at a park. It's not really old but looks nice at least. Vdi was in copper memori to silver dime range.

** will get photo of Seated dime reverse when I get home.
Carson City is the hardest mint mark to find in any coin. This is a major find! Congratulations!

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Carson City is the hardest mint mark to find in any coin. This is a major find! Congratulations!
when I lived in Colorado I almost drove the 800 miles to Carson City just to coinshoot the parks until I found ANY coin with a 'cc' on it...never went on that adventure but what an awesome dig!

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
when I lived in Colorado I almost drove the 800 miles to Carson City just to coinshoot the parks until I found ANY coin with a 'cc' on it...never went on that adventure but what an awesome dig!
Thank you. Finally posted the reverse. It's chock full of ammo and shotgun shells of all kinds but the only 3 things that haven't been junk in here have been good styff. Other two an 1857 trime and Haitian Phoenix button. ( my last post)

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly haven't been out much with the rain and my schedule. Managed a few hours the last two Sundays to pick through the junk at two sites that have been productive with commitment... Seated dime was in the wet zone at the same site the trime and Phoenix button were at. Unfortunately it's kind of corroded. But it's not often you dig a Carson City anything. Carson City only minted seated dimes 1871 to 1878.

Very Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That dime is awesome- it's always a thrill to find anything with a CC mintmark- Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread