It couldn't of happened to a more deserving person!!!!

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post your best story of something great happening to someone who deserved it! Here's mine:

I've been a member of a metal detecting club for a few years now. It's a great group of people and I absolutely love being part of it. It's called the Massachusetts Treasure Hunting Association. We do a find of the month contest where members bring in their finds and enter them to compete with other's finds based on a club vote. For me the winning part has little to do with it. I find it really fascinating seeing what everyone found. Well there's a lady in the club who works hard every year to help put on the club hunt event for the love of the club. She hunts pretty regularly but she's low key and is always a really nice person. She's not one to brag etc. and it doesn't seem like she's bringing in amazing finds on the regular. Well let me tell you she found a 1652 Massachusetts Silver Oak tree coin. I'm not positive the denomination but it was incredible. For this region it really can't get better than that. I've not seen one found by anyone the whole time I've been in the club. Just incredible that she found it and she totally deserved the honor of finding such an amazing piece of colonial history! Her find won and we gave her a standing ovation. I can only hope that someday I cross paths with such a cool coin.... that's when silver is better than gold! I want to find good stuff too but it's nice to share in someone else's great moment sometimes!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story... I was very happy with the outcome of this particular day detecting with a new friend. He had just retired and bought a CTX. I met up with him in a park that occasionally gives up some Silver and Gold and told him that today let's dig all the pulltab reading we get in this open area because they will be hiding Gold too.

After about two hours of digging at least fifty pulltabs each, he goes to dig another one. After flipping back the plug, here's a 1982 Class Ring looking at him! Couldn't be happier for him!

As expected, there's someone's initials engraved inside the ring so he can try and locate the owner. Turns out, his wife is a school teacher and calls the high school that afternoon and explains she's trying to determine the ring's owner and they give her the guys name. My friend couldn't believe it, he worked with this guy and gives him a call. Th guy says in 1985, he placed his class ring on a blanket in that park and forget he put it there.

My friend met him for lunch the next day and gave him back his ring. It had been in the ground for 33 years!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember that day Steve what are the odds that was amazing both stories are awesome

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the BIGGEST REWARDS I get is when i RETURN SOMETHING someone has lost and given up hope for it. NOT A BETTER FEELING . Now when i do it i like to video or take pictures of the happy people

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread